Transition Spire - new long travel 29er

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 5:16 Quote
dekone wrote:
Yes, i installed +1 degree. Feels great. Gives a little more Stack and reach, too

Sits snug.

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 6:29 Quote
arent they sealed properly?
dekone wrote:
Selfmade bearing seals if needed. Will try on the other bearings as well and report.

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 7:00 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
arent they sealed properly?

Yeah, they are sealed from dust but when riding soggy DH trails like Danny Hart in the 2011 world champs they don't hold up.. They will be bone dry w/o grease in no time.

Dekone, let me know how those hold up! Might be keen on doing something on my bike too..

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 7:09 Quote
Tuna-Flapjack wrote:
*Covid Disclaimer*

For a minute there I thought i was in the Yeti SB150 Forum.

LOL Shots fired! lol

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 12:35 Quote
dekone wrote:
Selfmade bearing seals if needed. Will try on the other bearings as well and report.

What an awesome idea that should come standard. UK riding wrecks bearings big style so would look to have a go at this myself

Any chance you could post what parts & sizes used.

Cheers

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 19:02 Quote
1 or 2 of 0.1x10 mm shims and standard rubber seal that fits the inner diameter. Haven't been able to measure the other pivots yet.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 15:35 Quote
Views: 263    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Views: 305    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Little Spire airtime at the old blackrock road gap, been a few years since I have taken my feet off the pedals in the air, planning on changing that this year. Bike makes bad decisions easier for sure.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 17:17 Quote
Finally went to Cali and rode the spire on trail to break it in. Awesome bike for sure. Cable rattle is there, need to fix. Great feeling being off the dual short link bikes now. Super active suspension on the spire. Excited to tune it in with other heavier build kit items eventually.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 23:55 Quote
Parsurf wrote:
Views: 263    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Views: 305    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Little Spire airtime at the old blackrock road gap, been a few years since I have taken my feet off the pedals in the air, planning on changing that this year. Bike makes bad decisions easier for sure.

The gap looks fun but is that 2nd vid going on Sunday Saves?

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 10:30 Quote
I mean, I took my foot off on purpose but for sure barely saved it at the end. So maybe? probably one of the ugliest one footers or the cleanest Sunday saves. cleanest Sunday saves sounds more optimistic, I'll go with that!

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 11:13 Quote
When my frame arrives I was planning on moving all the parts from my 2018 sentinel to the spire. For the fork I was gonna put a 170mm air shaft into my 160mm 36 that came on my 2018 sentinel. But I am a bit worried that adding that extra 10mm on a fork which already has 4 seasons on it may not be the best idea for a bike that can be pushed so hard.

Have any of you put a old 36 on your spire and wished you had sprung for a new bigger stiffer fork?

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 12:19 Quote
EKrum wrote:
When my frame arrives I was planning on moving all the parts from my 2018 sentinel to the spire. For the fork I was gonna put a 170mm air shaft into my 160mm 36 that came on my 2018 sentinel. But I am a bit worried that adding that extra 10mm on a fork which already has 4 seasons on it may not be the best idea for a bike that can be pushed so hard.

Have any of you put a old 36 on your spire and wished you had sprung for a new bigger stiffer fork?

I'd run it. On my build I got a spare 36 coil to use and it'll be fine when that day comes.

Get the 36 serviced, new bushings etc. Is it as stiff as the bigger forks? No. Does it matter? That's up to you. It's the archer not the arrow...

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 13:10 Quote
EKrum wrote:

I ran my Lyrik with no issues till my Zeb came avail, so I'm sure the 36 would be fine, lots of EWS races won on those forks.

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 13:43 Quote
EKrum wrote:

If you have a 36 from 2018 and its still in working order with a good csu you won the lottery. Run that thing till the seals fall off!

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 15:43 Quote
EKrum wrote:

Get in touch with Fox, they may want that fork for their museum if it is indeed creak free.
Maybe you can get a free 38 out of it. lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014079
Mobile Version of Website