Transition Spire - new long travel 29er

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 4:57 Quote
what are you all using for the gap by the loamshelf/strokeinfo and pivot bolt? saw some guys use an old rubber and then ziptied them on. but i am curious on some other ideas

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 8:21 Quote
Quick question for any other alloy frame owners. I seem to have a bit of vertical movement in the flip chips, not a lot but I can notice if I put my fingers under the nose of the saddle and lift the lower shock mount moves. Just thought I would ask if others are like this or if I have a problem?

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 8:38 Quote
No play here. How tight did you crank it? When I first pulled the shock the lower mount was so tight I thought it might strip the bolt/wrench.

I also saw that someone had an issue with the shoulder of the bolt bottoming on the spacer ear that sticks out before it could get tight enough. A little file to the ear fixed it.

A bolt with a longer threaded section would work as well.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 10:44 Quote
My patrol had play from the flip chip. It was so tight I didn't dare touch it in case I broke something, turns out the bolt was cross threaded. Bike shop replaced it and now all good. Can't believe it came like that.
On another note, has anyone tried a reach adjust headset yet? Interested in what the actual numbers end up being.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 13:03 Quote
GeeDubelu wrote:
Quick question for any other alloy frame owners. I seem to have a bit of vertical movement in the flip chips, not a lot but I can notice if I put my fingers under the nose of the saddle and lift the lower shock mount moves. Just thought I would ask if others are like this or if I have a problem?

I have the carbon Spire and also have some play somewhere lifting up the bike. Have tightened all bolts but maybe missed the lower shock bolt. Not sure were it's coming from but it annoys me...

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 13:19 Quote
Christofferdurietz wrote:
GeeDubelu wrote:

I have the carbon Spire and also have some play somewhere lifting up the bike. Have tightened all bolts but maybe missed the lower shock bolt. Not sure were it's coming from but it annoys me...

And it's not just the shock unsagging, eh?

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 0:16 Quote
f*ckingsteve wrote:
Christofferdurietz wrote:
GeeDubelu wrote:

And it's not just the shock unsagging, eh?

Thanks for your help.

Just a quick update. I took the lower mount apart and found the threaded flip chip wasn’t quite tapped all the way through. Therefore the bolt would torque up but wasn’t fully home. I worked a spare bolt through the flip chip until it passed through cleanly, put it back in the bike, and no more play.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 0:55 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
what are you all using for the gap by the loamshelf/strokeinfo and pivot bolt? saw some guys use an old rubber and then ziptied them on. but i am curious on some other ideas

I usually poke it with a stick.

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 8:59 Quote
Tuna-Flapjack wrote:
stonedbiker420 wrote:

I usually poke it with a stick.

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 9:37 Quote
GeeDubelu wrote:
Just a quick update. I took the lower mount apart and found the threaded flip chip wasn’t quite tapped all the way through. Therefore the bolt would torque up but wasn’t fully home. I worked a spare bolt through the flip chip until it passed through cleanly, put it back in the bike, and no more play.

This seems to be a pretty common issue at this point. I wonder if Transition is aware...

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 11:50 Quote
They are, we have a box of those bolts at the shop they sent out, and we check them on all the builds now.

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 13:29 Quote
nerds-on-dirt-mtb wrote:
They are, we have a box of those bolts at the shop they sent out, and we check them on all the builds now.

So why don't they fix the issue instead of sending out bikes and hoping the shops will fix it for them?

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 15:26 Quote
Because not all of them have the problem, bikes are already sold and in the world, and they are acknowledging some are having issues and sent out a box a bolt to fix customers bikes?

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 17:48 Quote
Parsurf wrote:
Because not all of them have the problem, bikes are already sold and in the world, and they are acknowledging some are having issues and sent out a box a bolt to fix customers bikes?
What? You mean a Tr mechanic wont knock on my door to check on my rear shock bolt?

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 18:34 Quote
Frowzy wrote:
Parsurf wrote:
What? You mean a Tr mechanic wont knock on my door to check on my rear shock bolt?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019404
Mobile Version of Website