MMBTS - what is going on?

PB Forum :: Canada - West
MMBTS - what is going on?
Previous Page |
Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 21:00 Quote
Calgary people - give me the low down on mmbts.

One of the longtime trail builders just ditched them due to his "personal lack of stomach for the political environment within MMBTS as a whole"

Not exactly sure what he's talking about but I tuned into their recent meeting and a number of board members seemed far more concerned with the number of non-white members they had and removing gendered pronouns from the society publications than they did about mountain biking.

Has mmbts been taken over by the wrong people?

Do we need a collective effort to vote those people out at this years AGM?

Posted: Jun 12, 2021 at 7:33 Quote
pommie-shredder wrote:

One of the longtime trail builders just ditched them due to his "personal lack of stomach for the political environment within MMBTS as a whole"

Not exactly sure what he's talking about but I tuned into their recent meeting and a number of board members seemed far more concerned with the number of non-white members they had and removing gendered pronouns from the society publications than they did about mountain biking.

Interesting. I love going to this area but didn't tune into the latest meeting. Build a better climb trail is all I care about!!!

Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 19:54 Quote
Is there minutes posted from the last meeting?

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 18:29 Quote
Kango wrote:
Is there minutes posted from the last meeting?

Would like to see the minutes as well.

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 10:59 Quote
pommie-shredder wrote:

You have no idea how bad it is.....many of us old timers have a bad taste from the mmbts reg'ime. Vote them all out next year!

CM!

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 11:56 Quote
We have almost they sane situation in Vernon except they seem to be pushing long term builders out so they can contract building and maintenance to friends.

Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 11:22 Quote
Cro-Mag wrote:
pommie-shredder wrote:

You have no idea how bad it is.....many of us old timers have a bad taste from the mmbts reg'ime. Vote them all out next year!

CM!

Hey pals,

Joey here, VP of MMBTS.

I’m guessing the long time trail builder was Matt Hoefling, a good friend of mine.

Matt has done an amazing job taking care of toothless and several other trails over the last few years.

Unfortunately, there are some rogue lines on the trail that had to be decommissioned to keep alberta parks happy.

I was bummed, he was bummed, it sucked.

It’s one of those things where we have to play by their rule book and just don’t have the autonomy to skid in sweet loamers or build all of the sweet jumps (trust us, we wish we could).

Anywho, this really annoyed Matt and he is kinda over the bureaucracy that’s above us.

In terms of Mr. Cro-Mags comments, take them with a grain of salt. He saw himself out after trying to scam MMBTS and was caught…

Meeting notes can be found on mmbts.com.

If you feel we aren’t doing a good job, please help us do better. We’re all volunteers that are already stretched thin and can use more help for sure.

Please remember, like any board position, role in politics, you’re never going to make everyone happy - disgruntled old trail builders included. I’ve had a target on my head all year from a bunch of miserable grown ass men so that’s fun… LOL

If you want to have a beer and understand the full picture, super open to it. Let’s chat and ride even.

If you don’t think we’re doing a good enough job (myself included) feel free to make a movement and vote us out. Members have the power.

Thanks!

Joey

Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 9:45 Quote
thejoeyreinhart wrote:
Cro-Mag wrote:
pommie-shredder wrote:

CM!

In terms of Mr. Cro-Mags comments, take them with a grain of salt. He saw himself out after trying to scam MMBTS and caught

Joey

I'm always disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire. Joey, you continue to surprise. You don't change, you just find new ways to lie. Now I'm confident you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. Stop texting on the toilet, pull your head out of your arse and speak life to people instead of this junk. Cromag never had an incident of scamming mmbts. That's the biggest load of garbage coming from a guy who likely wasn't even riding a bike out there at the time. I sure never saw you out on the trails or digging or forming mmbts.

Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 21:31 Quote
Tmcsimms wrote:
thejoeyreinhart wrote:
Cro-Mag wrote:

CM!

In terms of Mr. Cro-Mags comments, take them with a grain of salt. He saw himself out after trying to scam MMBTS and caught

Joey

I'm always disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire. Joey, you continue to surprise. You don't change, you just find new ways to lie. Now I'm confident you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. Stop texting on the toilet, pull your head out of your arse and speak life to people instead of this junk. Cromag never had an incident of scamming mmbts. That's the biggest load of garbage coming from a guy who likely wasn't even riding a bike out there at the time. I sure never saw you out on the trails or digging or forming mmbts.

What can I say, I’ve got trusted sources that have confirmed this. Can’t magically make myself older to have been there for the shitstorm I’m somehow still dealing with?

Seems like there are a bunch of washed up old dudes that like to complain more than they like to actually push positive things ahead in the sport these days.

MMBTS and its volunteers are the reason why we have world class trails on the mountain, why the community and culture is more inclusive and appealing than before, and continues to spread the stoke.

Again, 99% of the ridership is happy with what we’re doing and what I’m doing personally. It just seems like that people that couldn’t adapt aren’t happy. If I’m such a liar, please refer to the above. Make a movement, and do something about it. If you’re not going to help the cause - see yourself out.

-JR!

Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 21:35 Quote
Washed up old dudes.. wow. Funny I read you last post and it just reeked of bullshit. I’m glad someone called you on it. Imagine being so arrogant that the people that built this are called names when then exited an opinion. Oh wait you just did it. You seen like a negative dude. Find another sport. We have enough of you I know more because I can ride a smooth trail and pedal a road types

Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 21:46 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
Washed up old dudes.. wow. Funny I read you last post and it just reeked of bullshit. I’m glad someone called you on it. Imagine being so arrogant that the people that built this are called names when then exited an opinion. Oh wait you just did it. You seen like a negative dude. Find another sport. We have enough of you I know more because I can ride a smooth trail and pedal a road types

Let’s ride and chat in person. It’ll be pretty apparent that it’s not the case.

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 15:18 Quote
Oh shit. We got the worlds greatest rider. Fml. He called me out. Is that like a dance off like in a chick flick or a Broadway musical?

We need to know which gender you identify as first. Im guessing chocolate covered ex lax judging by your post. Get a safe room snowflake.

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 15:29 Quote
So here is the diddi in case you don’t get it and why you will always be on the outside. You took a shot at an established trail builder. Someone who puts muscle time money and their reputation on the line and you accused him of bad charector. I’m guessing you don’t know the dude and are just doing it because it is you shining moment to get some attention. So here it is.

The second is taking shots at the people who built this sport. That lack of respect and making it sound stupid you would ever listen to them. Trust me bro. They know more. They have done more. Your a product of smooth trails abd their trial and error.

You totally suck but ever bike club is full of you people now. It’s probably the norm as you seem like the type of guy who would have whatever opinion forestry . The bike companies etc want you to have. A shill.

I would never ride with you. I do it for peace. I build trails for meditation and you are the type of look at me guy that breaks people tranquility. The washed up old guys? They never did it to be anything but to enjoy a sport that didn’t have a lot of rules or a real lime light. But hey Look at you, A never was.

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 15:57 Quote
Seems like there are a bunch of washed up old dudes that like to complain more than they like to actually push positive things ahead in the sport these days.

MMBTS and its volunteers are the reason why we have world class trails on the mountain,

oh boy, check this guy out. for the originals who happen to see this. howdy fellas, been a while.

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 15:59 Quote
Aren’t you a washed up old dude obee?

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006410
Mobile Version of Website