MMBTS - what is going on?

PB Forum :: Canada - West
MMBTS - what is going on?
O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 16:35 Quote
@vernonjeff I think Joey was referring to your assumption that he is a negative person. If you were to go on a ride with him you'd find out that he is in fact very positive and a great ambassador for the sport.

Volunteers bashing volunteers (new or old) does nothing for anyone. new riders should be grateful for the OGs that got the ball rolling, and the OGs should be happy when young folks are inspired to carry the torch.

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 16:59 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
Oh shit. We got the worlds greatest rider. Fml. He called me out. Is that like a dance off like in a chick flick or a Broadway musical?

We need to know which gender you identify as first. Im guessing chocolate covered ex lax judging by your post. Get a safe room snowflake.

I’m the snowflake, but everything about your response indicates you feel threatened and fragile here.

Why don’t you and the geezer crew go ahead and cancel me like everything else you can’t accept. LOL

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 17:00 Quote
Maybe I misunderstood.

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 19:25 Quote
thejoeyreinhart wrote:
Credit brycemtb

Little Joey, you never cease to amaze me with your pompous attitude, your inability to deal with people who are more experienced than you, your outright lies and unwillingness to deal with the previous generation of people who came before you. I won't even touch on your personal attack on me, that's not worth the time of day we can hash through that if I run into you in the bush. I think its great that others are starting to see mmbts and you for what you are worth. You and the organization are filled with some of the best politicians the community has ever had, that's about it. You have once again shown your true colors. Your unprofessionalism here representing mmbts is unparalleled for a guy who is running a not for profit that represents Alberta Parks property. Keep posting your memes, they are cute and distract people from the real facts.

@ vernonjeff it sounded like a dance off to me......hopefully he has a good outfit to impress the judges and chooses his gender to match.

@obee1.....good to see you still lurking around.

CM!

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 19:40 Quote
Honestly not worth the response. Is he a director? If he people need to step up as you are not getting the best and brightest. Not even close.

Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 16:24 Quote
Cro-Mag wrote:
thejoeyreinhart wrote:
Credit brycemtb

Little Joey, you never cease to amaze me with your pompous attitude, your inability to deal with people who are more experienced than you, your outright lies and unwillingness to deal with the previous generation of people who came before you. I won't even touch on your personal attack on me, that's not worth the time of day we can hash through that if I run into you in the bush. I think its great that others are starting to see mmbts and you for what you are worth. You and the organization are filled with some of the best politicians the community has ever had, that's about it. You have once again shown your true colors. Your unprofessionalism here representing mmbts is unparalleled for a guy who is running a not for profit that represents Alberta Parks property. Keep posting your memes, they are cute and distract people from the real facts.

@ vernonjeff it sounded like a dance off to me......hopefully he has a good outfit to impress the judges and chooses his gender to match.

@obee1.....good to see you still lurking around.

CM!

I’m here to keep you honest, what can I say.

JR!

Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 21:07 Quote
thejoeyreinhart wrote:

JR!

As my grandfather used to say to people "you're so full shit your eyes are brown". And as my wife told you when she posted earlier "pull your head out of your arse", your eyes might turn back to their natural color by the time you are privileged enough to be "old and washed up".

CM!

Posted: Sep 9, 2021 at 7:00 Quote
Cro-Mag wrote:
thejoeyreinhart wrote:

JR!

As my grandfather used to say to people "you're so full shit your eyes are brown". And as my wife told you when she posted earlier "pull your head out of your arse", your eyes might turn back to their natural color by the time you are privileged enough to be "old and washed up".

CM!

We get it, you’re washed up.

JR!

Posted: Sep 9, 2021 at 18:50 Quote
thejoeyreinhart wrote:
Cro-Mag wrote:
thejoeyreinhart wrote:

JR!

CM!

JR!

Go serve up some hotdogs to your membership.....I'm sure the Bloomberg poll you take will tell you 99.9% of them will love what you dish up. Maybe give yourself an after scrub, it feels better clean and washed up after a dirty ride...

CM!

Posted: Sep 9, 2021 at 22:21 Quote
Cro-Mag wrote:
thejoeyreinhart wrote:
Cro-Mag wrote:

CM!

JR!

Go serve up some hotdogs to your membership.....I'm sure the Bloomberg poll you take will tell you 99.9% of them will love what you dish up. Maybe give yourself an after scrub, it feels better clean and washed up after a dirty ride...

CM!

Hotdogs? I thought you liked it more when they hit you in the face.

JR!

Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 17:57 Quote
Wow, this is some seriously toxic shit boys. How about we just agree on one thing we all have in common, that we found bikes, and it made our lives better. I couldn't give two shits about what any of you think about mmbts, about the OG builders, about me... I didn't get into digging or riding to go looking for recognition, or get in some pissing contest over any individuals opinion.... Go ride your f*cking bikes and appreciate the life you have been given!

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 0:54 Quote
@vernonjeff 100% to everything you wrote.

@chriscarrier copy and paste everything Joey has said and tell me he is a professional or positive guy. I couldn't care less what he is like to ride a trail with and likely neither could a lot of people following this thread.

@Cro-Mag stepped away from mmbts so he could voice his concerns knowing his opinions were not always popular. He didn't assume he spoke for the majority nor did he pretend to. His focus was on trail building and his record speaks to that.

@thejoeyreinhart you voice your opinions like they represent MMBTS but I think your starting to see that they don't represent the complete membership.

At the end of the day we have all spent way too much time dickering back and forth online instead of riding bikes and building trails. "Life's a trail. Dig it" - Trail Crew Design or was it Joe dirt but wait @joeyrein... you will probably claim that as your new slogan and sign off accordingly.

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 8:19 Quote
Tmcsimms wrote:
@vernonjeff 100% to everything you wrote.

@chriscarrier copy and paste everything Joey has said and tell me he is a professional or positive guy. I couldn't care less what he is like to ride a trail with and likely neither could a lot of people following this thread.

@Cro-Mag stepped away from mmbts so he could voice his concerns knowing his opinions were not always popular. He didn't assume he spoke for the majority nor did he pretend to. His focus was on trail building and his record speaks to that.

@thejoeyreinhart you voice your opinions like they represent MMBTS but I think your starting to see that they don't represent the complete membership.

At the end of the day we have all spent way too much time dickering back and forth online instead of riding bikes and building trails. "Life's a trail. Dig it" - Trail Crew Design or was it Joe dirt but wait @joeyrein... you will probably claim that as your new slogan and sign off accordingly.

Too much time bickering, throws in one last dig for good measure. LOL

JR!

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2021 at 5:44 Quote
pommie-shredder wrote:
Calgary people - give me the low down on mmbts.

One of the longtime trail builders just ditched them due to his "personal lack of stomach for the political environment within MMBTS as a whole"

Not exactly sure what he's talking about but I tuned into their recent meeting and a number of board members seemed far more concerned with the number of non-white members they had and removing gendered pronouns from the society publications than they did about mountain biking.

Has mmbts been taken over by the wrong people?

Do we need a collective effort to vote those people out at this years AGM?

I think it’s been taken over by folks who are primarily self-interested in profiteering with their own brand (Flannel Crew) and are using MMBTS to do that. They spent a great deal of money, well above the going rate for professional trail, on a machine built jump line which I think some view as a substantial waste of money. To me one of the biggest issues is I don’t think they do a particularly good job advocating for the trails with Alberta parks and seem to be quite willing to simply roll over. Overall I’d say it’s the case of people who are more concerned about saying the right things than getting results.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017061
Mobile Version of Website