Trials/ trials bike for 10 year old

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Trials/ trials bike for 10 year old
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 7:55 Quote
My son is interested in getting into trials riding. He asked this morning about getting a bike and showed me a couple of options he'd found in the $800-$900 range that he'd like to buy with all his xmas/birthday money that he's saved up over several years.

He already rides an 18" Sunday Primer BMX and a 26" Nukeproof Cub Scout hardtail and whilst I want to support his interests I'm worried that dropping the best part of $1000 on a single use bike might not be the best use of money.

How far could he progress on the bikes he already has before it would make sense to get him a proper trials bike?

My 8 year old rides a 24" disc brake MTB, but we have a rigid fork for it. Might there be an option to covert that to a trials bike at some point with a single speed conversion and a some much better brakes?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 19:13 Quote
ChiefSilverback wrote:
My son is interested in getting into trials riding. He asked this morning about getting a bike and showed me a couple of options he'd found in the $800-$900 range that he'd like to buy with all his xmas/birthday money that he's saved up over several years.

He already rides an 18" Sunday Primer BMX and a 26" Nukeproof Cub Scout hardtail and whilst I want to support his interests I'm worried that dropping the best part of $1000 on a single use bike might not be the best use of money.

How far could he progress on the bikes he already has before it would make sense to get him a proper trials bike?

My 8 year old rides a 24" disc brake MTB, but we have a rigid fork for it. Might there be an option to covert that to a trials bike at some point with a single speed conversion and a some much better brakes?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Are you looking at a street trials bike or pure trials?
Learning trials on a non-trials bike is difficult. It also depends on how dedicated your kid is, trials is challenging.
I wish my daughter wanted a trials bike though, I'd run out a buy her quick.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004480
Mobile Version of Website