New Bronson 4

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
New Bronson 4
Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 15:10 Quote
With the new Bronson announced a few days back, we've already got measurements and a tailored kit designed for them!

Check them out here: Santa Cruz Bronson Tailored Protection Kit

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 15:11 Quote
RideWrap wrote:
With the new Bronson announced a few days back, we've already got measurements and a tailored kit designed for them!

It says the kit is not available?
Also, Im guessing there wont be any difference between the bronson and roubion kits if Im wanting to order a kit for the roubion?

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 10:28 Quote
mick06 wrote:
RideWrap wrote:

Also, Im guessing there wont be any difference between the bronson and roubion kits if Im wanting to order a kit for the roubion?

We are still working on designs for some of the sizes, but if you are looking for a kit for your roubion we have a full size run of that model!

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 15:32 Quote
RideWrap wrote:
mick06 wrote:
RideWrap wrote:

We are still working on designs for some of the sizes, but if you are looking for a kit for your roubion we have a full size run of that model!

Thanks for the reply. Looking for a size small kit for the v4. I'm only getting the v3 kits showing up on the website for the roubion not the v4.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 8:13 Quote
natas2125 wrote:
I got the 2021 bronson in gold for my son a few months back and have the 2022 in green for myself (wanted the gold but was not available from my lbs).on the way.

How are you finding the V4 and MX setup? Currently on the V2 Bronson which I absolutely love

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 21:59 Quote
trailpimpuk wrote:
natas2125 wrote:
I got the 2021 bronson in gold for my son a few months back and have the 2022 in green for myself (wanted the gold but was not available from my lbs).on the way.

How are you finding the V4 and MX setup? Currently on the V2 Bronson which I absolutely love

Have not received mine yet but it should be here in about a week, so I will see. The new bronson looks big and bulky to me compared to the V2 so I am a bit skeptical about it. I am currently searching for a V2 as I do have doubts about the current model, but my lbs said they will let take it out for a few rides before I commit to buying it.

Posted: Jul 1, 2021 at 9:06 Quote
A-Ballot wrote:
I am not exactly sure how you could get the rare special edition Bronson V3, but yes it most certainly was a thing. You could get it in either gloss carbon w/bronze-ish lettering, or the mentioned matte yellow “camel” w/gray lettering. I myself tried to get a hold of the camel colored one as I am a big fan of yellow on cars and bikes.

I would also agree- mullet seems kind of cool to me but now Santa Cruz has done away with their all mountain 27.5 bike. You’re forced to get either a 5010 or a Nomad, and nothing against either bike but neither is a true do-it-all bike.

On a side note though my local trails are more suited towards the 5010, and it looks like I’m in luck since the ‘22 5010 is seeming to come in yellow- might be a bit too much coin for me to spend though.

There's only one picture on google but wow that gloss carbon looks hot on the LTD Edition.

I had a 21 Hightower on order that I was waiting to show up for months when the V4 Bronson was announced. Called my LBS and they said they had some coming in a few weeks so I canceled the Hightower and ordered a R build. I get the disappointment for all you heavy 27.5-ers but I've personally been riding 29ers for awhile now and am stoked to try out a mullet that has been engineered and designed for that kind of setup rather than bikes with aftermarket links, low BB's, etc. Hoping it genuinely will be the best of both worlds.

Posted: Jul 2, 2021 at 8:48 Quote
Several very lightly used Bronsons Mx for sale in the buysell section. Folks are saying its "too much of a bike for the riding I do" or " I don't have trails near me".

Maybe this is typical not sure but I wonder if folks are selling these bikes after a week of riding them, maybe the MX wheel size isn't all its cracked up to be

Posted: Jul 2, 2021 at 8:50 Quote
woodvt wrote:
Several very lightly used Bronsons Mx for sale in the buysell section. Folks are saying its "too much of a bike for the riding I do" or " I don't have trails near me".

Maybe this is typical not sure but I wonder if folks are selling these bikes after a week of riding them, maybe the MX wheel size isn't all its cracked up to be

Completely subjective... Might not meet up to some folks expectations, but there are probably a ton of extremely happy owners out there with the V4.

Posted: Jul 2, 2021 at 23:24 Quote
natas2125 wrote:
trailpimpuk wrote:
natas2125 wrote:

Have not received mine yet but it should be here in about a week, so I will see. The new bronson looks big and bulky to me compared to the V2 so I am a bit skeptical about it. I am currently searching for a V2 as I do have doubts about the current model, but my lbs said they will let take it out for a few rides before I commit to buying it.

Did you manage to test/buy a V4 yet? I went to my LBS who has both a L and XL in store, I wasn’t able to ride it either, only sit on them. Liked the feel but couldn’t commit without a demo and there’s no dates for demos with SC UK yet ‍♂️.

Posted: Jul 3, 2021 at 7:11 Quote
have two rides on the new bronson and I can feel the weight difference, may just be mental but it does seem to take more effort to throw around. Descending the bike feels planted and does not seem to get out of shape, techy climbs seem to take a bit more concentration to keep the front where I want it to go and feels like it steers a bit slower. I have spent more time on the V2 so it feels more familiar to me and may just take a bit of time to adapt to the new bronson, or it may be due to the mixed wheels. Time will tell.

Posted: Jul 3, 2021 at 11:45 Quote
Interesting feedback, do you feel the slow turning is due to feeling the rear is quite quick to manoeuvre or does it feel more ‘standard’ 29er laboured steering effort? So difficult to gauge without riding

Posted: Jul 3, 2021 at 22:57 Quote
more like the standard 29 steering effort, I find that I can pretty much pick a line and hit it with a 27.5 but with the 29er I have to focus more on it, it is more mental than physical I believe.

Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 14:26 Quote
woodvt wrote:

lol at one of those bikes being for sale in Boise and the seller saying there are no trails around here to use it. Literally couldn't be further from the truth. Sounds more like someone who just over biked themselves.

Posted: Jul 10, 2021 at 14:59 Quote
2022 Santa Cruz Bronson V4 w Coil

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008930
Mobile Version of Website