Mullet Sight

PB Forum :: Norco
Mullet Sight
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 8:28 Quote
Full blown media hype has me brainwashed.

What are we thinking about mullet'ing a new sight? I have the 27.5" bike at the moment. I think going 29" 150mm fork would be better than using the 29" bike with a 27.5" wheel. Realistically, the

ATC of a 150mm 29" - 557
ATC of current 160mm 27.5" - 571

So going to 29" in theory should pen out to a total rise of 19mm in height from the wheel size bump, and decrease of 14mm switching to a 150mm 29" fork.

none of these are accounting for the whole system pivoting around the rear end, so the measurements will be skewed on an arch, though very minimally affected.

Given that we are talking about a total difference of around 5mm in front end ride height, the geo should be very minimally affected I'm assuming within 0.5 degrees or so.

Does anybody have any mullet experience or has given this a go?

Sight in question. plus collie

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 8:21 Quote
I've been riding my 29 Sight as a mullet in bike park and it feels great. Still use the 29 on rear when pedaling trails so can't comment on pedal strikes etc. The BB isn't too low so it should work tho especially if you swap to 165mm cranks.

27,5 model should work too and at least there would be no BB worries. The angles will slacken tho. 160mm 27,5 fork shouldn't have longer ATC than 150mm 29 fork.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 11:35 Quote
nskerb wrote:
Full blown media hype has me brainwashed.

What are we thinking about mullet'ing a new sight? I have the 27.5" bike at the moment. I think going 29" 150mm fork would be better than using the 29" bike with a 27.5" wheel. Realistically, the

ATC of a 150mm 29" - 557
ATC of current 160mm 27.5" - 571

So going to 29" in theory should pen out to a total rise of 19mm in height from the wheel size bump, and decrease of 14mm switching to a 150mm 29" fork.

none of these are accounting for the whole system pivoting around the rear end, so the measurements will be skewed on an arch, though very minimally affected.

Given that we are talking about a total difference of around 5mm in front end ride height, the geo should be very minimally affected I'm assuming within 0.5 degrees or so.

Does anybody have any mullet experience or has given this a go?

Sight in question. plus collie

I run a mullet setup on my 29 Sight. Absolutely love it. The long wheelbase means the change of the smaller rear end didn't affect my geometry dramatically. Made a video about it. You can see my new geometry in the description. Disregard the one I'm verbally saying in the video. Also what size is your Sight? I could probably punch in some numbers and get you the new geometry numbers real quick

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 19:21 Quote
hi , im also interested in doing that to a large 2016 sight, still waiting to see what others think first.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005524
Mobile Version of Website