Anyone actually changing seatstays/bikes often?

PB Forum :: Guerrilla Gravity
Anyone actually changing seatstays/bikes often?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 10:31 Quote
I am considering purchasing a GG Smash and Gnarvana seatstays once GG gets their production back up and running. I am wondering how often people are actually changing out seat stays and components to convert their GG bikes. I think think the GG modular platform is a cool idea but not very realistic if you are having to swap out a complete fork, shock, wheels, etc. After doing some research it seems that going from a Smash to a Gnarvana would actually be pretty simple and reasonable for the occasional swap for an enduro race or bike park day. Swapping air springs on a Fox 38 to go from 150 to 170 is doable, not ideal since you have to drop the lowers but as long as you are careful and do not spill oil out of the lowers it shouldn't be too bad. Using a shock like the DVO Jade coil 230 x 65 would mean just removing a 5mm spring clip spacer when going from the Smash (230 x 60) to the Gnarvana (230 x 65 with no limiting spring clip).

Does anyone have any experience doing this? Or, if you are swapping seat stays are you swapping other components too?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004428
Mobile Version of Website