RockShox Revelation

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
RockShox Revelation
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 19:40 Quote
Has anyone had to warranty a Revelation?
I have a 2020, adjustment stopped working, searched online and haven't found any instances so I think it's rare; shop said it's not damping and using without repair can increase damage. Nothing crazy has happened to the bike to cause it. Thought I'd ask and see if anyone on the pinkbike has dealt with this also.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 8:19 Quote
ryancartiers wrote:
Has anyone had to warranty a Revelation?
I have a 2020, adjustment stopped working, searched online and haven't found any instances so I think it's rare; shop said it's not damping and using without repair can increase damage. Nothing crazy has happened to the bike to cause it. Thought I'd ask and see if anyone on the pinkbike has dealt with this also.

It's a mechanical device. Things fail.
Warranty it and get back on track.

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 15:21 Quote
eplanajr wrote:
It's a mechanical device. Things fail.
Warranty it and get back on track.

I figured that out and already sent it back about 2 months ago. Sram actually has a strong continuous improvement background within their senior executive team which would drive a higher focus on quality than traditional companies, so mechanical failure would be less often than you assume.

My inquiry was regarding whether any one else had experienced a failure with this fork given it's only in it's first year, therefore it has a lack of history. I have learned one of the parts were replaced however one of the stanchions cracked internally causing the damage and they're waiting on a replacement. I do not have feedback on cause or lead time but if someone had a similar issue they may have received feedback on cause.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019752
Mobile Version of Website