Your #1 riding technique tip

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Your #1 riding technique tip
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 11:24 Quote
All right so here's the idea: everyone shares the number one tip that they got that totally transformed your riding.

If you want you can try them and come back and relate your experience.

I'll go first, one thing I learned from a mtb class/team I joined is that when you should put your hips on the opposite side of the seat from the direction you are turning. This forces you to lean the bike over in corners while keeping you upright. Really helpful for flat dusty corners.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 12:31 Quote
Stand up taller than you think you need to. Being low on your bike decreases your chance of adapting sudden changes in the trail and keeps you from letting the bike do the hard work on the rough stuff. Learned from an ex-pro last season, changed my entire life.

Making sure that you're keeping your chin from being positioned past the handlebars is a good idea. Picked it up from my road racing days and it translates pretty well over to mtb especially with the longer modern reaches. Totally changes the manoeuvrability of the bike and keeps your centre of gravity stable.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 13:48 Quote
This is a really simple mantra as such, when descending I tell myself to slow things down. For me its just a reminder to breathe, not focus on being the fastest in the next bike length, stay observant and look ahead..

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 13:55 Quote
All weight through the pedals.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 17:00 Quote
JKL250 wrote:
All weight through the pedals.

This is one that they taught us we should do when jumping. Guess it makes sense to do all the time too. There’s a lot of good stuff here guys. Keep it up

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 18:22 Quote
Don't touch your brakes

On a more serious note, keep your eyes up and look through the turns.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 21:55 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
Don't touch your brakes

On a more serious note, keep your eyes up and look through the turns.

I can definitely vouch for looking where you want to go.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 1:44 Quote
Line choice is about the best overall line throughout a trail, sometimes you're gonna have to take a short shitty option to get set up for something that'll be better overall

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 16:44 Quote
TheMountainViking wrote:
Line choice is about the best overall line throughout a trail, sometimes you're gonna have to take a short shitty option to get set up for something that'll be better overall

I listened to a podcast where someone said something about how sometimes it’s faster to just plow through something rather than find a smooth line.

Posted: Jun 12, 2021 at 7:34 Quote
Hi,

here is my thoughts on tip & tricks

https://www.learningcycle.how/post/the-1-rule-on-improving-mountain-bike-skills

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.004908
Mobile Version of Website