Fork options

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 12:09 Quote
Got some really poor Sr Suntour XCM's on my DJ which are super soft with no adjustment.... really need to upgrade other than Rockshox Pikes whats a decent alternative? Looking for something around 485mm axle to crown length with 15x100 axle as I've already bought a Halo rim.

I'm sure people have put low travel 27.5" forks on DJ's before but got no idea what options are out there.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 13:12 Quote
Tapered or straight steerer? I had an ancient Argyle give up the ghost on me last fall and was able to track down a straight steerer Manitou Circus Expert to replace it. Not as adjustable as the old Argyle, but still solid enough. A/C is just a bit less than what you are looking for by 7 mm at 100mm travel.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 13:37 Quote
Go rigid!

All jokes aside, I second the Manitou Circus. I have the bottom of the line coil one (not the expert) and it still works great after a few years of abuse

Posted: Jun 12, 2021 at 3:30 Quote
Preferably tapered, bought a NS Zircus ally frame, would go rigid but heard not a good idea on aluminium.

Stock levels are a massive issue in the UK right now, not sure how things are state side.

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 12:05 Quote
my frame dictated I get a straight steerer fork, which really limited my options. The Circus Expert was the best I could do off the shelf. It is solid though, no regrets. In my limited opinion I do think it's the best value, price to performance wise. Should be easier to find in tapered. The Circus Pro is in Pike DJ price territory. Inventory is a huge issue on this side of the pond as well. You may want to pay the availability premium and get whatever you can get as long as it meets your minimum requirements.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005271
Mobile Version of Website