Western Mass / Hartford area

PB Forum :: USA - East
Western Mass / Hartford area
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 14:38 Quote
I might have the opportunity to move to western Mass / Hartford area for an amazing work opportunity. What towns would people suggest? I would like to be at most 45 minutes from Springfield, MA.

Thanks!

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 3:38 Quote
I'd move North of Springfield and stay in MA (it's easier traveling I-91 north of Springfield and stay within the Pioneer Valley.

Northampton/ florence has a lot to offer

Treehouse just opened a new big facility in Deerfield (and couple that with towns of Whately, Conway and Sunderland-all share same school district)

At the edge of your commute sits the funky, lovely hilltowns of Ashfield and Shelburne Falls.

All of these places put you close to the best riding in Western, MA with easy driving to VT and NH for other bike/ski opportunities.

Someone will undoubtedly Recommend Amherst to you.....hopefully you won't listen to them.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 7:53 Quote
Great info! Why not Amherst?

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 4:57 Quote
I'm in the Hamden area, just south of Springfield and really enjoy it. great riding and very quite. I also would look at the area around Facing Rock or Bachelor Street trails for riding right outside the back door.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 9:56 Quote
What are some good trails to ride in Western Mass??

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 11:08 Quote
I really enjoy Bachelor Street Trails, Facing Rock, shenipsit State forest, and Cowels Park. Some really like Earls Trails as well. If you feel like dip into CT there’s Norbrook Farms, a brewery with machine and tech trails on site that’s a blast.

Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 14:25 Quote
Thanks for the insight! I’m just exploring an opportunity.

Posted: Jul 1, 2021 at 13:54 Quote
Amherst is stupid expensive and overrun with college kids.
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
Great info! Why not Amherst?

Posted: Sep 1, 2021 at 8:39 Quote
Move to Northampton.
Ride at Sawmill Hills, Bachelor, Earls, Canal Trails, Dearfield Ridge, Hawley, Bear Hole, Chicopee, Robinson.

Posted: Sep 1, 2021 at 9:06 Quote
The whole job opportunity fell apart a few days ago. Not happening anymore. thanks though!

Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 14:26 Quote
See also... Thunder Mountain bike park.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005239
Mobile Version of Website