Bike parks and shuttles

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Bike parks and shuttles
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 7:34 Quote
Is there a way to delete the elevation gained by lifts or shuttles in a ride log?

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 21:46 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
Is there a way to delete the elevation gained by lifts or shuttles in a ride log?

I have the same question too. How do we manually exclude climb stats?

I should've paused my Garmin watch on the way up then resume again after drop off.

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 10:03 Quote
I don't think there's an easy way to do this. And if you pause your Garmin it will just straight line the distance from the bottom to the top and give you the elevation as the crow flies. The only way to get zero elevation gain from lifts using only the Garmin is to start the Garmin at the top, ride down, then stop and save at the bottom - do this for each descent. You end up with however many laps as individual rides on the same day which is kind of a bummer, but it's accurate.

HOWEVER, there is a sort of work-around in Trailforks:
In order to subtract the "climbing" that is added by lifts or shuttles then the lift needs to be added to the TF map as a "LIFT". Then TF can recognize a lift ride and show the difference between actual climbs and lifted climbs.
See the picture showing an area with lifts - they are shown as gray lines and arrows depicting direction. The second picture is from a ridelog in an area that has lift access to mtb trails. The different color denotes the lift service and finally the ridelog will include the lift elevation chart which shows the distance for each "climb".
Bottom line, if there's an area people ride that includes a lift then you can help TF by contributing the lift to the area. It's not perfect nor simple but it's pretty handy.
Hope that helps.
photo
photo
photo

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 13:58 Quote
If you pause at the bottom of a lift or shuttle, then start again at the top. then Trailforks will assume this was a lift or shuttle and subtract that elevation gain from your total.

If you leave running and go up a chairlift that is in our database, we will attempt to detect you are on the lift. If the detection works, then the lift elevation gain and distance is removed.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010704
Mobile Version of Website