Neck Brace Users - do you prefer to wear it over or under your back/chest protector

PB Forum :: Downhill
Neck Brace Users - do you prefer to wear it over or under your back/chest protector
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 11:00 Quote
I was looking into getting a Leatt neck brace and I measure exactly on the cutoff between the S/M and L/XL sizes. I asked Leatt for their opinion or which one would work best and they replied that they would recommend the S/M if I wanted to wear it by itself, but the L/XL would probably work best if I wore it with a chest/back protector. OK, I have a Leatt Airflex vest and I can't really picture myself wearing the brace without the protector. When I look at Leatt's info for their protectors, they say they were designed so that you can wear a brace either under or over the protector, your choice. Sooooo, does anyone with some experience with these things have a preference for which way they like to wear their neck braces? Thanks.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 19:45 Quote
Leatt brace on top of jersey with Leatt hybrid underneath is the only way I’ve found it comfortable enough to wear.

No straps, just use the red tabs above your shoulders on the armor that hold the brace in place nicely and comfortably. The 5.5 and 6.5 body armor has this really slick front and back almost modular integration design for the brace, but is not conducive to getting a top over it.

I’ve tried it underneath the jersey and even though it sets nicely, you’ll have to mod you jersey or whatever outerwear top to get around the brace. I found that using the chest straps on top of the jersey is just annoying and cumbersome.

Hope it helps ya out.

Posted: Jun 12, 2021 at 19:57 Quote
KK11 wrote:
Leatt brace on top of jersey with Leatt hybrid underneath is the only way I’ve found it comfortable enough to wear.

No straps, just use the red tabs above your shoulders on the armor that hold the brace in place nicely and comfortably. The 5.5 and 6.5 body armor has this really slick front and back almost modular integration design for the brace, but is not conducive to getting a top over it.

I’ve tried it underneath the jersey and even though it sets nicely, you’ll have to mod you jersey or whatever outerwear top to get around the brace. I found that using the chest straps on top of the jersey is just annoying and cumbersome.

Hope it helps ya out.

Thanks!

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004921
Mobile Version of Website