Vancouver Island Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Vancouver Island Group
O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 17:04 Quote
rideuntildeath wrote:
you guys got maps of these by chance? just so i have a rough idea before i go

go to one of the local shops or look up forbidden plateau trail maps on google, i suggest u go to forbbiden, its shuttleable, or do both, theyre very close

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 1:21 Quote
Forbidden is definitely tight (even though I have only rode it once.)

THough the gnarest is the Rhododendron this weekend. Anyone out there going to ride it? If my stitches look good I think I will, although the 7 hours it is likely going to take sounds kinda long. I haven't rode a whole lot of XC, but apparently this new course is supposed to be the easiest it's been (as compared to the Robothaum (sp?))

My friend was telling me about this relatively new trail on Doumont with some pretty decent sounding stunts- apparently built by some guy from Gold River?

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 17:25 Quote
rideuntildeath wrote:
you guys got maps of these by chance? just so i have a rough idea before i go

Gold river, you got options of what ever you want, scout has huge 30ft structures, skinny ones, berms, bluffs, etc. Antler has XC/AM, and M3 has a sick down hill shuttle run littered with stunts, theres also the dirt park.

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 18:50 Quote
hmm wicked, anyone wanting to ride this weekend at forbidden then?

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 18:51 Quote
i might im just gunna check the weather

EDIT: nah, i dont feel like riding in the rain this weekend, not that i mind riding in the rainlol

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 21:38 Quote
ustienny wrote:
Forbidden is definitely tight (even though I have only rode it once.)

THough the gnarest is the Rhododendron this weekend. Anyone out there going to ride it? If my stitches look good I think I will, although the 7 hours it is likely going to take sounds kinda long. I haven't rode a whole lot of XC, but apparently this new course is supposed to be the easiest it's been (as compared to the Robothaum (sp?))

My friend was telling me about this relatively new trail on Doumont with some pretty decent sounding stunts- apparently built by some guy from Gold River?

I'm Assuming a Fawbert? the only other 2 people I can think of are either working on M3(or working) or else not really residents here.

You ever been up here for a rip before?

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 11:07 Quote
hey, anyone know of some good trails in the sooke area that have a road going to the top. I want to get a shuttle or sumthing going with some freinds but all the trails I know of in the area you have to hike up. thx

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 11:47 Quote
bigquotesYou ever been up here for a rip before?

No, but I have seen that vid Brother, and have heard that there is some pretty awesome riding- it is one of the places on the Island that I really want to ride (along with Mt. Prevost.)

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2007 at 12:11 Quote
anyone here that lives in nanaimo who rides dh/fr/dj that i can ride with??? weekends and weekdays

pm me Big Grin

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 16:40 Quote
Trail day at comox lake dam parking lot on April 12th at 10am. Bring your own tools and there will be a lot of bridge work so hammers and nails are nice. The work will be on peckerhead.

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 21:14 Quote
Marin bikes demo day Tomarrow in cumberland at the CRI/rec hall parking lot, 10am. Bring your credit card and get 6 hours of free bike demos. (Credit card is so if you break anything they can charge you for it).

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 21:15 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:
Marin bikes demo day Tomarrow in cumberland at the CRI/rec hall parking lot, 10am. Bring your credit card and get 6 hours of free bike demos. (Credit card is so if you break anything they can charge you for it).

I wish I could go to that. Damn 3+ hours of driving...

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 21:18 Quote
yeah I know, I love living in the middle of the island. Most everywere is within three hours of me. (On the island that is)

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 15:23 Quote
The King road jumps in Nanaimo have been plowed, just so you all know.

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 16:04 Quote
king road, are those the ones by dumont?, i dont know any roads in nanaimo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017110
Mobile Version of Website