Vancouver Island Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Vancouver Island Group
Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 16:07 Quote
rockin-itis wrote:
Park in a walmart parking lot. Pretty sure they allow overnight parking. Not sure if theres one up there??

Apparently theres a no overnight parking sign Frown

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 22:10 Quote
rockin-itis wrote:
Park in a walmart parking lot. Pretty sure they allow overnight parking. Not sure if theres one up there??

3199 Cliffe Avenue, Courtenay

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 22:12 Quote
rockin-itis wrote:

Apparently theres a no overnight parking sign Cry

I wonder why and when that changed.....I always stop in Walmarts on the road and have a sleep in the back of my truck.

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 23:40 Quote
rockin-itis wrote:
rockin-itis wrote:

I wonder why and when that changed.....I always stop in Walmarts on the road and have a sleep in the back of my truck.

That's odd, I live in Comox and am sure I've seen people parked there in their RVs and such. Maybe it did change.

Posted: Aug 25, 2016 at 18:36 Quote
This is the lady at the visitors centre telling me this... maybe she's just lying haha

bryandickson wrote:
rockin-itis wrote:
rockin-itis wrote:

That's odd, I live in Comox and am sure I've seen people parked there in their RVs and such. Maybe it did change.

Posted: Aug 25, 2016 at 21:57 Quote
gianttrace4 wrote:
This is the lady at the visitors centre telling me this... maybe she's just lying haha

bryandickson wrote:
rockin-itis wrote:

Nah she's probably right haha just seems odd to me. Normally Walmarts let you stay overnight.

Posted: Aug 26, 2016 at 21:27 Quote
Hey guys I just moved to vic and have a dh was wondering if there's any trails around mt Doug

Posted: Oct 9, 2016 at 9:48 Quote
Looking at xtr brakes and not sure about race or trail version. I'm riding a ro rocky mountain altitude 750msl weighing 26lbs and 6oz(might be at 26lbs soon) and me I'm about 155-160 lbs all geared up. My riding style is trail to aggressive trails technical singletrack but not the most aggressive/experience rider. Last year was using slx brakes on a 32lbs+ 29er and was working fine for me. Not intending do any lift serve riding in near future just cumberland style of riding.
Thanks also anybody tried the ardent race 27.5x2.35 as a rear tire in cumberland as for summer tire?

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 16:51 Quote
BrockTunkow wrote:
Hey guys I just moved to vic and have a dh was wondering if there's any trails around mt Doug
No, bikes are not allowed

Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 9:37 Quote
ybsurf wrote:
Looking at xtr brakes and not sure about race or trail version. I'm riding a ro rocky mountain altitude 750msl weighing 26lbs and 6oz(might be at 26lbs soon) and me I'm about 155-160 lbs all geared up. My riding style is trail to aggressive trails technical singletrack but not the most aggressive/experience rider. Last year was using slx brakes on a 32lbs+ 29er and was working fine for me. Not intending do any lift serve riding in near future just cumberland style of riding.
Thanks also anybody tried the ardent race 27.5x2.35 as a rear tire in cumberland as for summer tire?

I would go for the trail version. I really find the tool free lever adjust useful as the lever position will change slightly as pads wear ect. The only real advantage of the race version is a super marginal weight loss. On this note XT's are better value and are essentially the same in function...

Posted: Nov 1, 2016 at 11:26 Quote
hansonp wrote:
BrockTunkow wrote:

I'll just put this here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOcKxywUxfY

Although bikes aren't allowed, there are definitely trails up there

Posted: Nov 1, 2016 at 13:02 Quote
brett77 wrote:
hansonp wrote:
BrockTunkow wrote:

I'll just put this here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOcKxywUxfY

Although bikes aren't allowed, there are definitely trails up there

thanks ill have to do some exploring now Salute

Posted: Nov 23, 2016 at 19:37 Quote
Hey guys, just wondering if a 2WD car can shuttle Prevost?

Cheers

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 at 7:17 Quote
Strath-cona wrote:
Hey guys, just wondering if a 2WD car can shuttle Prevost?

Cheers

Yes, it's not recommended, but should be OK as long has you have good tires. There are a couple steep hills towards the end, but as long as you kept momentum up, should be OK. Some of the side roads (getting to Mr T) have sizable potholes though, should be careful.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027830
Mobile Version of Website