Vancouver Island Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Vancouver Island Group
Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 12:26 Quote
Hey I have got some trails going in around ladysmith area! Anyone around and willing to lend a hand get at me! Currently digging solo! Need help!!

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 17:41 Quote
Woodrats wrote:
Hey I have got some trails going in around ladysmith area! Anyone around and willing to lend a hand get at me! Currently digging solo! Need help!!

Hey man, I'm down. I'm not going to be back on the island until the December, but if you still got something going I'd be down to lend a hand.

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 10:14 Quote
BigMulaCeazy wrote:
Woodrats wrote:

Hey man, I'm down. I'm not going to be back on the island until the December, but if you still got something going I'd be down to lend a hand.

Yeah buddy I’ll still need help, are you l from Ltown?

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 10:43 Quote
Woodrats wrote:
BigMulaCeazy wrote:
Woodrats wrote:

Yeah buddy I’ll still need help, are you l from Ltown?

No I'm new to Victoria from Alberta, but looking to explore the region. I'll DM you when I get back.

Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 13:11 Quote
What's the riding like in the Comox/Campbell River area in mid/end March like? I'm going to Comox for a few days and I am wondering if it is worth bringing my bike out from Ontario and taking a few days to ride.

Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 15:43 Quote
SpecializedFTW wrote:
What's the riding like in the Comox/Campbell River area in mid/end March like? I'm going to Comox for a few days and I am wondering if it is worth bringing my bike out from Ontario and taking a few days to ride.
Lots of riding in Cumberland trails may be from wet to semi wet to really wet but snow level should be low enough to have lots of trail to ride.

Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 17:25 Quote
100% worth it to bring your bike.

Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 21:45 Quote
Might be a long shot but with the amount of bike shops around, might be able to catch some demo days to save bringing your own bike and also trying new bikes. Just an idea.

But if no luck on demo days, definitely bring your own bike and ride as much as you can

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 20:54 Quote
adamlaycock wrote:
Might be a long shot but with the amount of bike shops around, might be able to catch some demo days to save bringing your own bike and also trying new bikes. Just an idea.

But if no luck on demo days, definitely bring your own bike and ride as much as you can

I'd definitely go with this, or just look to rent a bike while you're out (might cost just as much as bringing yours on a plane).

Lots of good shops around town, with lots of great rides. They'll probably help give you some tips on what trails are running good at the time, too

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 16:23 Quote
Hey all, myself and a few mates are planning a summer bike trip through BC and were toying with coming to the island. I've been hearing rumors that all the really rowdy stuff that is no longer allowed on the Northshore has migrated to the island, however I haven't had a ton of luck finding them. I've mostly been finding AM/XC trails and am looking for more intense DH orientated stuff, tech like skinnies, teeters, rock rolls and drops is good, so are jumps up to ~25' (Although I always like to be tempted by more XD) we can ride or hike up but the focus of the trip is on the descents.

Any pointers on where I should be looking?
Big thanks in advance!

PFA of our last trip through Oregon
An amazing sunset on an amazing trail

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 18:36 Quote
VF400rider wrote:
Hey all, myself and a few mates are planning a summer bike trip through BC and were toying with coming to the island. I've been hearing rumors that all the really rowdy stuff that is no longer allowed on the Northshore has migrated to the island, however I haven't had a ton of luck finding them. I've mostly been finding AM/XC trails and am looking for more intense DH orientated stuff, tech like skinnies, teeters, rock rolls and drops is good, so are jumps up to ~25' (Although I always like to be tempted by more XD) we can ride or hike up but the focus of the trip is on the descents.

Any pointers on where I should be looking?
Big thanks in advance!

PFA of our last trip through Oregon
An amazing sunset on an amazing trail

Prevost.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 21:22 Quote
Mt prevost first. Best for steep fast downhill

Mt benson in Nanaimo. Trails like Roller coaster. Max power. All good fast dh trails

Loam line on mt tzoulhalem

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 11:27 Quote
Sweet, looked into it and these places look like the jam! Definitely more in line of what I was searching for. Thanks for the hook up mates, blessings of the loam gods upon thee.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 13:45 Quote
As for south isle; Quimper at Harbourview in Sooke is as tech as it gets, especially if its wet. Then there's some stuff around Bear if you look a bit with some of the better rock rolls on the island.

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 12:02 Quote
Anyone know if there are any new trails in the works for Mount Washington this summer?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007012
Mobile Version of Website