Vancouver Island Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Vancouver Island Group
O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 21:28 Quote
You really think it is going to open this summer?

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 3:49 Quote
xTwoSnakesx wrote:
You really think it is going to open this summer?
Yes it should it's always late opening for mt Washington anyway by summer virus won't be as strong and viral like most flu viruses.

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 19:51 Quote
I sure hope that things will be opening up again by June/July

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2020 at 13:00 Quote
Hi Folks
I'm a rider from Whistler and i'm coming on the island this week (for Work)
i'd love to ride in Cumberland, but what's the best trails for you?
Please help a brother out who's dreaming of testing the great trail network of Cumberland (too many times mentioned to me as the best trails on the island)

Thank you

Posted: Jun 15, 2020 at 13:18 Quote
audric wrote:
Hi Folks
Please help a brother out who's dreaming of testing the great trail network of Cumberland (too many times mentioned to me as the best trails on the island)

Thank you

Kind of depends what you're looking for ... Cumberland is not as steep as Whistler or the Shore, but there are nuggets available. A good advanced loop is Old Wood, Blockhead, Numbskulls or Cupcake and then into DCDH, Shock Therapy. For more flowy stuff try Field of Dreams into Blue Collar to Railroad, Crafty Butcher, 2 flats, Bonestorm. Just a couple options to try.

If you're looking for more natural stuff, hit up Forbidden Plateau.

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2020 at 14:45 Quote
audric wrote:
Hi Folks

Thank you

What kind of trails are you looking for?

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2020 at 15:09 Quote
shorelocal wrote:
audric wrote:
Hi Folks

Thank you

Kind of depends what you're looking for ... Cumberland is not as steep as Whistler or the Shore, but there are nuggets available. A good advanced loop is Old Wood, Blockhead, Numbskulls or Cupcake and then into DCDH, Shock Therapy. For more flowy stuff try Field of Dreams into Blue Collar to Railroad, Crafty Butcher, 2 flats, Bonestorm. Just a couple options to try.

If you're looking for more natural stuff, hit up Forbidden Plateau.

shhhh we don't talk about forbidden......

Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 19:21 Quote
Do the dog park jumps still exist

Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 21:40 Quote
brandermanbikes wrote:
Do the dog park jumps still exist

Not since like '08

Posted: Aug 30, 2020 at 9:47 Quote
Are there any good dirt jumping spot besides nsfrp and jordie lunn bike park in Victoria

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2020 at 10:59 Quote
Seasons are changing, and with them so will our DH venue. I'm new to the island, so I'm looking for people to shuttle provost with. Hit me up on here or DM if you're interested.

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 5:54 Quote
Reaching out for any beta on dispersed boon dock camping around Cumberland? We have a capable truck with a truck camper that is fully self contained. A spot near a lake would be ideal.

Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 9:44 Quote
There's a campground on the lake right there as well as a few incognito options. Just look for Van's.

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 10:31 Quote
Find a spot and camp.

Most of the area is gated up fairly well and somewhat restricted due to the fire danger at the moment.

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2021 at 16:21 Quote
Might be a long shot but anyone know any shops on the island with any dh bikes in stock? Planning a couple later season bike park trips and would rather not beat the shit out of my trail bike anymore.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010778
Mobile Version of Website