Tire not stirring right on rim

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Tire not stirring right on rim
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 0:52 Quote
I have brought some brand new wheels and tires and the rim is not bent but when the tire is on it look like it has a bent in it has anyone had this issue the shmiano mt500 rims please some one help me

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 2:00 Quote
Nuttyrider69 wrote:
I have brought some brand new wheels and tires and the rim is not bent but when the tire is on it look like it has a bent in it has anyone had this issue the shmiano mt500 rims please some one help me

Have you checked to see if there are any loose spokes..?

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 4:51 Quote
Nuttyrider69 wrote:

Do you mean the tyre has a visible wobble as you rotate it? Like it is out of true? If so It could be that the tyre is not seated correctly, pump it up hard (over 50psi but under max pressure for the tyre) until the tyre bead moves into place, usually with a satisfying bang.

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 7:23 Quote
dogboy1066 wrote:
Nuttyrider69 wrote:

Do you mean the tyre has a visible wobble as you rotate it? Like it is out of true? If so It could be that the tyre is not seated correctly, pump it up hard (over 50psi but under max pressure for the tyre) until the tyre bead moves into place, usually with a satisfying bang.

The wheels is not bent at all without the trie on so it’s not the wheels it’s self it’s at about 50 psi a the monent I will try 60 ihs

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 7:55 Quote
Nuttyrider69 wrote:
dogboy1066 wrote:
Nuttyrider69 wrote:

The wheels is not bent at all without the trie on so it’s not the wheels it’s self it’s at about 50 psi a the monent I will try 60 ihs

You should be able to look at the tire and tell if it is seated properly or not, just increasing psi blindly is going to blow the tire off the wheel, and cover you in sealant.

You are running a tubeless setup right?

What tire is it? On a Maxxis tire there is a extruded rubber line around the tire that helps you tell if the tire is seated properly, as it should have even spacing to the rim around the entire tire. I don’t know if that’s really what it’s for, but that’s a good gauge to use.

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 8:12 Quote
dogboy1066 wrote:
Nuttyrider69 wrote:

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 8:14 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
Nuttyrider69 wrote:
dogboy1066 wrote:

You should be able to look at the tire and tell if it is seated properly or not, just increasing psi blindly is going to blow the tire off the wheel, and cover you in sealant.

You are running a tubeless setup right?

What tire is it? On a Maxxis tire there is a extruded rubber line around the tire that helps you tell if the tire is seated properly, as it should have even spacing to the rim around the entire tire. I don’t know if that’s really what it’s for, but that’s a good gauge to use.

It’s tube the it’s a magic marry trie brand new I was think there could be a bulging in the trie and might need to go tube less

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 1:22 Quote
Are you running 50psi normally? You want much less than that. Typically below 40 for tube and below 30 for tubeless.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 6:48 Quote
If it's a Maxxis, and you used a tire lever to install the tire, or maybe the kid at the shop used a tire lever to install it, chances are you've/they messed up the tire bead. Ask me how I know -threw away a new DHR.

If the wobble is light, you can still ride on it... Although, I've blown a Maxxis off my wheel miles out on the the trails before and had to hike home. There's no way to repair it trailside besides having a new tire, so I don't take anymore chances.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 7:00 Quote
I've had the odd wobbly tyres from Maxxis an shcwable but conti are the WORST!

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 8:58 Quote
Try lubing up your rim seat and or tire bead with dish soap. Most tires have what is called a "witness line" that runs the circumference of the bead and sits about a mm above the rim when seated properly. Use a lot of talcum powder/ baby powder/ or cornstarch on the tube and have it lightly inflated when putting it in the tire. Inflate the tire to 30-40 psi and you should hear the bead snap into place. You may have a fold in your tube causing the wobble.

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 12:59 Quote
Maxxis death wobble! Happens when it’s sees a fast hit, like hitting a jump and landing on a flat with the bars turned, the Compounds in the tire shifts…acts and looks like a bend wheel but it’s just the tire…had it happen a few different times…just need replace the tire. Some times Maxxis will cover it but if it’s a used tire then it’s unlikely.

Best of luck!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006480
Mobile Version of Website