2021 Fox 36 light tune

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2021 Fox 36 light tune
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 12:44 Quote
My girlfriends 2021 Fox 36 Grip 2 is feeling a bit firm and she cant get full travel with 0 spacers installed. 65 psi 30% sag, HSC open LSC 2 clicks of damping LSR 4 from fully closed, HSR 4 from fully closed.

Has anyone opened the damper and changed/removed shims to get a bit less HSC? What did you change?

I opened the air spring and cleaned all the grease off.That helped a ton but the fork is still a bit firm. I am not surprised since I am hearing the Grip 2 is over damped and she is only 130 lbs

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 3:33 Quote
I had a similar issue and I weigh 150lbs; when I sent my fork to tf tuned for a service they replaced the damper fluid with 2.5wt oil instead of the stock 5wt. This has made the fork much more supple and the adjustments much more usable.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 5:00 Quote
vonbuckle wrote:
I had a similar issue and I weigh 150lbs; when I sent my fork to tf tuned for a service they replaced the damper fluid with 2.5wt oil instead of the stock 5wt. This has made the fork much more supple and the adjustments much more usable.

Came here to say this ^ tup

Lighter oil in the damper or a custom tune would help. Send it in for a service and explain it needs setting up for a lighter rider.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 6:32 Quote
vonbuckle wrote:

Ah good point. Do you know what brand of oil they used? I have some 2.5wt Motul I could try.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 7:41 Quote
Possibly Motorex I suspect...

Motorex 2.5 fork oil is 14.5 or 15 cST@40 and Motul 2.5 is 15 cST@40 so both of those would be interchangeable.

Fox 5wt Teflon stuff is 17 cST@40 from what I can find.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 11:13 Quote
provin1327 wrote:
vonbuckle wrote:

Ah good point. Do you know what brand of oil they used? I have some 2.5wt Motul I could try.

At a guess it is this stuff. https://www.tftuned.com/rsp-suspension-fluid/p2768

But 2.5wt motul would probably do the job as well

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 11:28 Quote
Thanks for the info guys. I did some extra searching and it seems like some people are running 2.5wt Motul in the damper and lower or 2.5 wt motul in the damper and 20wt gold in the lowers. I'll keep this in my back pocket as we tinker with the fork to get it dialed.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005089
Mobile Version of Website