Sram dub/forbidden druid BB spacing

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Sram dub/forbidden druid BB spacing
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 16:38 Quote
Just trying to figure out bottom bracket spacers for forbidden druid with sram dub bb and truvativ dub cranks, the suggested bb spacers are 1 4.5mm on crank axle but doesnt seem right at all, the chainring is very close to frame and chain guard. Is there a correct amount of spacers or should i just space it out so the chain ring is in the centre of the chain guide…? Thanks

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 18:24 Quote
I bought non boost 6mm offset cranks for a boost bike, awesome. Solved

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 21:40 Quote
I have non boost 6mm offset ring to mount on my boost frame and that's too close to the chain stay, so I ordered the regular boosted 3mm offset that should solve my issue.

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 22:38 Quote
fasterbastard wrote:
I have non boost 6mm offset ring to mount on my boost frame and that's too close to the chain stay, so I ordered the regular boosted 3mm offset that should solve my issue.

Hey mate i actually thought of what i think your saying, i can just change the chain ring to the 3mm offset and not have to buy whole new crankset/arms?

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 12:34 Quote
Daveaus92 wrote:
fasterbastard wrote:

Hey mate i actually thought of what i think your saying, i can just change the chain ring to the 3mm offset and not have to buy whole new crankset/arms?

Yes you can just replace the chain ring by correct offset one, if you're on a boost frame and wheel it should be 3mm. if non boost it should be 6mm

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005548
Mobile Version of Website