Hardtail recommendations for Squamish/North Van

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Hardtail recommendations for Squamish/North Van
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 8:52 Quote
I'm looking to build up a frame and swap parts from my 26" bike which is beginning to be clapped out. I'll be using a 130-160mm travel fork (Pike?)
I'm leaning towards an RSD Middlechild Aluminum frame, but am looking for suggestions that will fill the same niche.
I ride a '15 Kona Process 153 for an FS ride, if it matters.
Ride slabs and blacks in Squamish and North Van.
Not set on a steel frame, or an alloy frame, but curious what will allow a 200mm dropper in a L size frame, and still be pedal able on the ups.

Posted: Jun 27, 2021 at 20:20 Quote
I've been impressed with the handling of my Rootdown.

Posted: Jun 28, 2021 at 8:01 Quote
Kona Honzo ESD.

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 14:43 Quote
large Kona honzo ESD, with a 210mm one up dropper, bike rips! Climbs ok, but you can't be lazy with it on singletrack, keep it at speed and it will gladly go up, but any little incline if not met with pedaling will result in slowing down. Downhill the thing is a freeking beast, easy to forget your on a hardtail sometimes! lol

Posted: Aug 7, 2021 at 18:09 Quote
I will check out the Honzo ESD, it looks great!

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 17:37 Quote
Went with an RMB Growler 20. Swapped the tires, added Cushcore to the rear, a 200mm Brand X dropper *just* fits, and swapped the boat anchor Suntour XCM forks for some new Lyriks dropped from 160 to 150mm. Bike feels great. Very happy so far, just setting up the suspension and tire pressures, etc.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006609
Mobile Version of Website