Strongest wheels?

PB Forum :: eMTB
Strongest wheels?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 22:09 Quote
I've got a first gen Specialized Levo and love it. Ride up and down a bunch of gnarly tech trails around Vegas. Currently going up Kibbles'n'Bits and down Bob Gnarly at Cowboy Trails.

Been breaking stuff left and right. Went down a mini chute, the rear wheel kicked a rock to the side, it bounced off the rock forming the chute and through the rear wheel. Broke a number of spokes. Also shredded the ratcheting mechanism on the last rear wheel.

The wheels are taking a beating. I keep paying for repairs (and new wheels) because it's so much damn fun. So my question is: what are the strongest wheels? 27.5 plus. I don't care about weight, the ebike takes care of that.

thanks in advance.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 3:29 Quote
soulinthemachine wrote:
I've got a first gen Specialized Levo and love it. Ride up and down a bunch of gnarly tech trails around Vegas. Currently going up Kibbles'n'Bits and down Bob Gnarly at Cowboy Trails.

Been breaking stuff left and right. Went down a mini chute, the rear wheel kicked a rock to the side, it bounced off the rock forming the chute and through the rear wheel. Broke a number of spokes. Also shredded the ratcheting mechanism on the last rear wheel.

The wheels are taking a beating. I keep paying for repairs (and new wheels) because it's so much damn fun. So my question is: what are the strongest wheels? 27.5 plus. I don't care about weight, the ebike takes care of that.

thanks in advance.
I ordered a dt Swiss FR 560 27.5..... knowing my rear existing rim had been punished, l was recommended by the wheel builder himself to roll out on a FR 560..... this was supported by larger gauge J spokes and l presume e bike specific.... just now awaiting on the call the build has been completed..... then it's ready to roll!

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 7:27 Quote
My suggestion would be WeAreOne the Strife model, its a super solid DH model and they have a no questions asked life time replacement warranty. These wheels are all hand made in Canada, all of the material that they are made of is sourced from North America.

You can buy direct from them, and if you get a complete wheel build they use I9 J-bend spoked hubs. Or you can order a wheelset from I9 and the carbon rims that they use are WeAreOnes and they offer the straight pull spoked hubs.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004998
Mobile Version of Website