Front Tire DJ

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 7:50 Quote
Recommendations for Front Tire on 26" DJ, riding sorta loose silty dirt on packed dirt jumps?

I have been using the Maxxis DTH 26x2.3 tire front and rear for the past two years, but have primarily been riding wood and street jumps. Now, I am starting to ride true DJ and find that the front tire does not have the traction I'm used to. I'm thinking about swapping out the front tire for something with small nobs (to keep it a fast rolling tire). All I can find are XC style tires. Any recommendations?

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 9:04 Quote
Maxxis Ikon pairs nicely with a DTH at the back and has more than enough front end traction for jumps and berms. You'll find most pro riders on Maxxis tyres will have an Ikon on the front and for good reason.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 12:24 Quote
Thanks @Jeddi7 for the recommendation! It took some hunting around to find a 26" tire, but I found some in stock at https://www.coloradocyclist.com/maxxis-ikon-120tpi-dc-tr-26x2-2-black-tan . To boot, they come in Black/Tan side walls to match the Maxxis DTH!

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 21:08 Quote
I'm building a dirt jumper frame up... I am going to paint it purple. Does anyone know of any 26'' tires that are skin wall (or any color for that matter) I think that would look pretty good. Also if anyone has any recommendations for literally anything let me know I would love the help!

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 0:49 Quote
lincolnlogs8 wrote:
I'm building a dirt jumper frame up... I am going to paint it purple. Does anyone know of any 26'' tires that are skin wall (or any color for that matter) I think that would look pretty good. Also if anyone has any recommendations for literally anything let me know I would love the help!

Think you can get schwalbe tabletops in skin wall. Vittoria have grey wall which I really like. Cult x Vans tyres have some wild options. (camo and stuff) Just have a look for things that look fast rolling and fun Smile

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 2:05 Quote
lincolnlogs8 wrote:

Schwalbe Billy Bonkers would be my top pick. Super light, skin wall (for anyone who cares) and good grip. Not expensive either.

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 6:02 Quote
i ride the maxxis holy roller and have never slid out on soft jumps

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005469
Mobile Version of Website