New member awaiting a Norco Fluid HT 2.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
New member awaiting a Norco Fluid HT 2.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 18:09 Quote
Hi,

I'm new here, after 15+ years I am awaiting a Norco Fluid HT2 XL 29". After watching several vids, decided to join this forum.

After a google search, I still cannot find clues on what tire pressures I should set my tires at.

All help is welcomed.

Thanks,

Will

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 19:08 Quote
I have a Revel Rascal 29er.
185lbs with gear.
DHF EXO 2.5 front - 22 psi
DHR2 EXO 2.4 rear - 25/26 psi

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 0:06 Quote
Pressures will be vary depending on your weight, how heavy of a tire casing you have, and the kind of terrain you ride. Additionally it also matters whether you have tubes or are setup tubeless. I haven't bought a new bike recently but in the past just about everything came with tubes in it. If your wheels can be setup tubeless 100% have the shop setup the wheels tubeless. If you have inner tubes you will have to run higher pressures to prevent pinch flats, reducing your traction both climbing and descending.

A good general starting point:
With tubes - 25-27 psi front, 27-30 psi rear
Tubeless - 22-25 psi front, 25-27 psi rear

If you are running tubeless and are either lightweight, running heavy tire casings, or riding on more mellow terrain you can potentially drop those pressures 2-3 psi, however you will potentially risk ground strikes (rim striking the ground and potentially puncturing the tire) or the tire not staying on the bead (you will notice you've lost air during the ride, and wet marks along the bead of the tire from sealant leaking out when the tire momentarily comes unseated).

A note about running tubeless, or even with tubes. If it's been more than 2 days since your last ride you need to recheck tire pressures! They will lose air over time. I check pressures before every ride even if I just did it the day before.

Hope that helps.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 8:42 Quote
Thank you so much. I currently weigh 235 pounds, hoping to drop 35 once I start riding.

I will add going tubless to my list.

Thanks,

Will

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004376
Mobile Version of Website