Any difference between Mx and MTB jerseys?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Any difference between Mx and MTB jerseys?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 7:07 Quote
So I'm on the lookout for new MTB gear. I previously had all Fox gear and have always been satisfied but the prices are stupid nowadays.

But on scouring the web I noticed you can get MX gear much cheaper. Is there any real reason why an MX jersey wouldn't do the job an MTB specific jersey would?

Some of O'Neal's jerseys look identical yet are marketed at MTB or MX specific depending on what site you land on.

For the record I ride trails with an emphasis on going downhill fast and have always preferred airier DH tops....

Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 23:59 Quote
I ride with soccer jersey exclusively , super cheap, on sale you can get them for as low as 3-5eu, I've never watch a game in my life and find soccer stupid as f*ck but hey who can pass a good jersey at this price tag :-) f*ck mtb wear and their dumb prices.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 2:46 Quote
Lol, +1 for soccer being a stupid sport. I've never felt the need to fight a stranger just for supporting a different team! Smile

Anyhow I've always been happy buying the cheap Fox knockoff jerseys on ebay etc. but I've always liked the look of them so have bought an MX Jersey for Summer. Yes the design is great and in some ways tougher, more ventilated and better than mtb specific jerseys at an acceptable price point.

I don't see a downside or any good reason not to:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334007411923

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 5:25 Quote
Reaperactual wrote:
Lol, +1 for soccer being a stupid sport. I've never felt the need to fight a stranger just for supporting a different team! Smile

Anyhow I've always been happy buying the cheap Fox knockoff jerseys on ebay etc. but I've always liked the look of them so have bought an MX Jersey for Summer. Yes the design is great and in some ways tougher, more ventilated and better than mtb specific jerseys at an acceptable price point.

I've always felt uncomfortable buying fake tops but this year I was actually going to buy one full price (or sale) fox top, and then buy a couple of fake ones as back up. Then I noticed that even the fake ones had gone up in price to the point that some sale tops such as O'Neal are actually not much more.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 6:52 Quote
SkateFaster wrote:
Reaperactual wrote:

I've always felt uncomfortable buying fake tops but this year I was actually going to buy one full price (or sale) fox top, and then buy a couple of fake ones as back up. Then I noticed that even the fake ones had gone up in price to the point that some sale tops such as O'Neal are actually not much more.

I hear you. I don't like contributing to the counterfeit market either. Then again it's hard to justify the (full) price for a top that ain't gonna last that long.

I agree now the price of inferior fakes has increased to the point that it's not worth it anymore.

In the end it's that combination that made me finally decide to buy genuine MX gear this time. It's a win, win situation plus the quality, fit and durability of this Jersey is great compared to the fake stuff.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005790
Mobile Version of Website