Hunt Trail Wide wheels?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Hunt Trail Wide wheels?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 22:19 Quote
Anyone try these out? They seem good for the money, any other options you’d suggest?

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 6:25 Quote
A friend has a pair and likes them. He's more aggressive than I and hasn't had any issues with them. I have some Enduro Wide's on my own bike and also love them. In a group of 4, 3 of us are now running Hunts and so far, so good. Mine are on their second season.

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 6:57 Quote
I've got Trail Wides and Enduro Rides. They've both been great. Nice guys too.

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 7:54 Quote
Nice that’s really good feedback thanks guys!

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 20:40 Quote
I’m running the carbon’s and loving them. Got a lot of park time and poor line choices and they’re still kicking.

Posted: Jun 26, 2021 at 13:57 Quote
Wouldn’t recommend them if your running a lot of park and rougher single tracks. I bashed my rear beyond repair on the second run. Just felt like the rim is was to soft and fragile.

They did however work wonders on more basic trails. And yes I was running pretty low pressure but I ran Cush core and the hit wasn’t anything out of the ordinary. Might have been bad luck but I’ve been running my former DT Swiss and Horizons V2 on the same single track hundreds of times without anything close to what happened to the Hunts.

Posted: Jun 26, 2021 at 14:51 Quote
I’ve heard that about the trail wides V1, I think there may be a V2 out now? I can confirm that the carbons are very rugged though. I’ve definitely put them through some seriously poor line choices, cases and hucks to flat. I’ve pinched an exo+ dhr II with an insert and the wheels are still perfect.

Posted: Jun 27, 2021 at 14:15 Quote
I generally ride steepy steeps with many many roots but not so many rocks. I've still smashed mine off some hard things though without any issues.

Posted: Jun 30, 2021 at 11:56 Quote
Chief2slo wrote:
I’ve heard that about the trail wides V1, I think there may be a V2 out now? I can confirm that the carbons are very rugged though. I’ve definitely put them through some seriously poor line choices, cases and hucks to flat. I’ve pinched an exo+ dhr II with an insert and the wheels are still perfect.

I probably should have opted for the carbon icy enduro ones, I know that the enduros I said to be a bit beefier. Live & learn.

Best looking wheel set out there tho in my eyes. Really clean.

Posted: Jun 30, 2021 at 14:26 Quote
Im in the market for a new set of wheels as well. I looked at hunts but kind ruled them out because I figured if I was going to get a new wheelset might as well get some fancy hubs. Not sure if I would even be able to tell the difference(I have always ridden stock wheels) but how do you like the hubs? Im currently have a e13 wheelset.

Posted: Jun 30, 2021 at 19:07 Quote
I don’t have any experience with really high end hubs either, but the POE is fantastic. I ride a lot of tech and technical climbs when in not hurling myself down lift service runs and I’ve really enjoyed them. On the quieter side which I’m really happy about.

Posted: Jun 30, 2021 at 23:36 Quote
trothgeb wrote:
Im in the market for a new set of wheels as well. I looked at hunts but kind ruled them out because I figured if I was going to get a new wheelset might as well get some fancy hubs. Not sure if I would even be able to tell the difference(I have always ridden stock wheels) but how do you like the hubs? Im currently have a e13 wheelset.

My enduro wides replaced the E13 that came on my nomad. Apart from being far more reliable, the hub had far better engagement. Not sure I could tell a difference on a front hub though.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005815
Mobile Version of Website