Best All Mountain bike under $4k

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Best All Mountain bike under $4k
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 14:00 Quote
I've been looking at the YT Jeffsy and YT Izzo Core 2 models as the most reasonably priced options for a new mtn bike, but perhaps there are other options that I am unaware of. I mainly ride single track in NC and some in WV - nothing too crazy. I am not doing any wild jumps, but I enjoy climbing in Dupont and Pisgah, and I enjoy some relatively fast single track downhills. I currently have an old Gary Fisher with 26" tires that I've had for 15 years and still enjoy, but it's definitely seen it's better days. I'm looking for recommendations on the best bike to ride in these conditions and fit within this budget. I appreciate any help from this community. Thank you.

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 15:03 Quote
I guess you are looking new? I built up a used Hightower with new and some parts I had. I spent about $2800 total and witht he parts I had, I was under $4k, bur close. If you can, that is always an option. And, I have I9 Hydra EnduroS wheels, Shimano 12 speed, a Fox Factory DPX2 and Fox Perf fork, carbon bars, I9 stem, etc, etc. I am not one for factory buils kits. I ride the same areas you do on occasion, but live about 1.5 hours east. Heading to Bent Creek this weekend.

FL
Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 10:27 Quote
Orbea Occam comes to mind. Seen the H models. Looks mighty fine to me. M models might be outta yer budget.

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 12:56 Quote
Yes, the Occam H30 looks nice and is reasonably priced. Any idea how it would compare to the YT's?

FL
Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 13:48 Quote
troop1120 wrote:
Yes, the Occam H30 looks nice and is reasonably priced. Any idea how it would compare to the YT's?

Well all I can say is the guy riding the H30 could almost hang with me. Bike is more than capable. Just spring for 4 piston brakes at purchase. Trust me on that one.
You may end up with slightly lower spec for the monies. But worth it for actual dealer support in my book.

Posted: Jun 27, 2021 at 13:02 Quote
Keep an eye on the Privateer 141.

Posted: Jul 3, 2021 at 8:15 Quote
Canyon Spectral, or Neuron.

Posted: Jul 3, 2021 at 15:50 Quote
From what it sounds like, anything you ride from 2019 and up will blow your mind. Under 4k there is so many options but it really comes down to what's available and how you prefer to ride...YT is great for value... the Jeffsy is a great all rounder but doesn't really accel in any spot in particular. the Capra climbs really well for an Enduro and plows awesome but struggles in the quick corners

. Like was mentioned before a Canyon Spectral is a great option, SC high or megatower, Commencal meta tr is the best bang for the buck period. The AM is great too, Ibis ripmo af, Kona process 153, Transition sentinel, Norco Sight. You have so man great options. Get what you want as you cant go wrong...ride it for a season and flip it as you hone in on what you prefer.

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2021 at 19:27 Quote
wheelspeed wrote:
Commencal meta tr is the best bang for the buck period.

Vitus Escarpe...

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 15:56 Quote
If possible demo a Mondraker Foxy (and don't down size lol) absolutely awesome if the right bike for you. The bike doesn't suit your riding style, you have to change to suit the bike, but so rewarding, I'm hooked lol. Should get an alloy one within budget. It will get out spec'ed by other bikes, but can out preform most on unique experience, spec isn't everything it's the sum of all parts to me.

I demo'ed a number of bikes and loved them all but this one stood out. Best advice is to try before you buy, geo numbers & spec is only half the story.

FL
Posted: Jul 7, 2021 at 11:17 Quote
Trek Remedy 8. Under $4k was my budget and the Remedy has been awesome.

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 16:44 Quote
boozed wrote:
wheelspeed wrote:
Commencal meta tr is the best bang for the buck period.

Vitus Escarpe...

Ride them back to back and i bet you'll have a change of heart haha.

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2021 at 8:58 Quote
I would go with a Frameset only option from your fav company and hunt down good condition used components.

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2021 at 10:55 Quote
Lots of good choices...Commencal Meta TR is on my A list.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011889
Mobile Version of Website