HELP: Roval Traverse vs Industry Nine wheels

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
HELP: Roval Traverse vs Industry Nine wheels
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 5:34 Quote
Hi everybody! I recently purchased a 2022 Stumpjumper Expert that came with Roval Traverse carbon wheels laced on a Roval DT Swiss 370 hub.
I've been riding a 2019 Stumpjumper in which I had upgraded the wheels with an aluminum set from Industry Nine laced on a i9 Hydra hub. The Hydra hub is amazing and I want it on all of my bikes.
My question, is it possible and is it worth purchasing a Hydra hub and have it laced on the Roval Traverse wheels? OR Should I replace the carbon wheels with an aluminum set from i9 that already has the Hydra hub? I can't afford i9 carbon wheels, so that is not an option. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
See you all in the trails.

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 5:52 Quote
You could absolutely have it relaced--find a reputable wheel builder in your area and they'll surely do it for you.

Roval wheels carry a lifetime warranty and its not very clear whether a hub swap would void their terms so you may want to give them a ring before doing anything (let us know what you find out!). They may also be able to help point you to an authorized shop.

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 8:22 Quote
Thank you @HaggeredShins. I ordered an aluminum i9 wheel set because it was faster ordering the hubs that way than waiting 22 weeks for the hubs by themselves. Now the dilemma would be to just install the aluminum wheel set or swap the hubs from the i9 wheels to the Roval carbon wheels.

HaggeredShins wrote:
You could absolutely have it relaced--find a reputable wheel builder in your area and they'll surely do it for you.

Roval wheels carry a lifetime warranty and its not very clear whether a hub swap would void their terms so you may want to give them a ring before doing anything (let us know what you find out!). They may also be able to help point you to an authorized shop.

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 8:43 Quote
Marty17 wrote:
Thank you @HaggeredShins. I ordered an aluminum i9 wheel set because it was faster ordering the hubs that way than waiting 22 weeks for the hubs by themselves. Now the dilemma would be to just install the aluminum wheel set or swap the hubs from the i9 wheels to the Roval carbon wheels.

Might be worth taking them for a spin back to back to see!

Something else to consider, which is practical because both are new wheelsets, if the rims are similar enough dimensions you may be able to unlace the Rovals and do a rim swap to the alloy set, which would help keep costs and effort down. Its pretty easy work and you could have a shop do the final tension, but of course the warranty bit still applies.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005287
Mobile Version of Website