MTB Tech Rumors, Innovation and Prototypes

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
MTB Tech Rumors, Innovation and Prototypes
Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 14:54 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
Bilstein yellow looks a lot like Ohlin's yellow...

Bilstein has also just got into the motorcycle world.

https://www.motopinas.com/motorcycle-news/bilstein-launching-motorcycle-suspension-this-year.html

The original poster on the Reddit post replied to a comment about comparing to Ohlin's colours and said "100% Bilsteins logo. I personally ride ohlins and they do look similar though"

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 15:19 Quote
Most likely just stickers, but who knows.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 13:30 Quote
Does anyone else have problems with their brake rotors getting contaminated while their bike is outside the vehicle? I've been working on a prototype cover for personal use that basically is a shell that clamps around the rotor and fork. Any thoughts or advice on the design would be appreciated!

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 13:32 Quote
thatsevanj wrote:
Does anyone else have problems with their brake rotors getting contaminated while their bike is outside the vehicle? I've been working on a prototype cover for personal use that basically is a shell that clamps around the rotor and fork. Any thoughts or advice on the design would be appreciated!
I would try this out. How about making it so you don't have to remove the wheel from the frame/fork to attach it.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 13:39 Quote
thatsevanj wrote:

I haven't personally had issue with that but I could see it happening if you are driving on dirt roads often. Reminds me of the Muc-Off covers, although those are more for protecting the brake rotors while you're cleaning the bike and I don't know how secure it would be on a moving vehicle

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 13:47 Quote
Yep muc-off already makes this, i think it would work fine driving. my friend had this issue and if its really that much of an issue you may want to investigate your CAR, not your bike...

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 14:09 Quote
It's a big issue when traveling in CO during shoulder seasons, and Muc-Off covers work great and seem to becoming more popular

Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 11:39 Quote
Spotted on Vital...lot's of new new. Vital members think that's a new Rockshox AXS reverb, I say it's a new Specialized electronic seat post

Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 13:14 Quote
f*ck the seat post, new enduro!

edit nvm saw the motor. So tired of new e-bikes. Although the shock links are interesting, especially the forward shock mount allowing for the float X to be mounted with reservoir in the ventral position

Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 18:12 Quote
If I would agree that’s definitely a Specialized post. The “Alien” single bolt clamp is straight from Specialized parts bin.

Also note that anyone testing a prototype Everb would likely also have AXS derailluer and RS suspension bits.

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 16:36 Quote
New Title Carbon Bar?

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 9:20 Quote
Essential to SST development was exploring the limits of manufacturing technology and applying it to build a light stiff and strong steel bike. The SST features SLM 3D printed Freaking Lasers hollow stainless steel chainstay yoke seatstay clevis and rear dropouts. The result is a stronger stiffer lighter and more elegant trail bike.

Rochshox inline coil? That sure looks like the RS rebound adjuster at the top.

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 9:26 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
Essential to SST development was exploring the limits of manufacturing technology and applying it to build a light stiff and strong steel bike. The SST features SLM 3D printed Freaking Lasers hollow stainless steel chainstay yoke seatstay clevis and rear dropouts. The result is a stronger stiffer lighter and more elegant trail bike.

Rochshox inline coil? That sure looks like the RS rebound adjuster at the top.
Ooh, that looks interesting! Do i have your permission to make an article on it? I can give you credit

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 9:35 Quote
thats a cane creek DBIL.

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 9:56 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
thats a cane creek DBIL.

Looks to be correct. I didn't realize there was a trunion mount DBIL and that it had that same look at the top.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008707
Mobile Version of Website