Frame or paint defect on new carbon MTB?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Frame or paint defect on new carbon MTB?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 18:36 Quote
Hey all. I was inspecting a new frame and installing helicopter tape on the downtube when I noticed these defects on the side of the down tube, near the bottle cage. I can go over it with my fingers and feel a raised surface. I’m conflicted on whether this brand new frame is physically damaged or defective, or if this is just a paint artifact. Bike has never been ridden nor dropped.

Image: https://imgur.com/a/1anYFAl

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 0:20 Quote
I hope it's not damage to the carbon because I have a few of these on my frame as well haha

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 7:29 Quote
It's running in the +/-45° angle which would typically be a direction you have fibres running. Looks somehow suspiciously like a bodge repair on the frame before paint.

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 23:19 Quote
blazekelly wrote:
I hope it's not damage to the carbon because I have a few of these on my frame as well haha

What bike if you don't mind me asking? Feel free to DM me. I don't want to throw the manufacturer of this frame under the bus until I get an official response from their warranty department, but I'd be curious if it's the same brand.

Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 2:02 Quote
just post it, bikes are in high demand it wont stop people buying them... unless you want a washed up outdated intense that nobody wants.. hence costco lol

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005316
Mobile Version of Website