Privateer 141

• Previous Page
Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 23:51 Quote
With a few out in the wild and frame sets dropping soon I thought it was time to set the ball rolling.
I'm actually taking a gamble and moving from a YT Jeffsy CF Pro Race 29er (gen 1) to a 141. The Jeffsy is brilliant, will the 141 be better...Time will tell.

My build will combine some of the Jeffsy's nice parts and...more nice parts!

Privateer 141 frameset P3 in Green
RS Pike Ultimate 150mm
E13 TRSr SL Rims on Hope Pro 4's
Renthal Carbon Fatbar 780mm & 40mm Apex stem. Renthal Ultra Sticky grips
Race Face Next R cranks, Hope BB.
SRAM XX1 AXS 10-50 cassette
OneUp 170mm dropper
SDG BelAir 3
DMR Vaults
SRAM Guide Ultimate's 200mm up front, 180mm out back.

So, any 141 owners like to chime in with their experience or anyone with one on order want to let us know their build?

Posted: Aug 22, 2021 at 2:40 Quote
Here it is & what a superb bike this is!
I was skeptical about all the reviews on this bike, I am more than pleasantly surprised how true every word that has been written about this bike is.
I retired a YT Jeffsy CF Pro Race for this, it is around 4-5 pound heavier but it does not ride any heavier, in fact it rides/feels not lighter but more efficient. It climbs beautifully, it descends incredibly well.
It was supplied with the new 2022 Fox Float X, not the DPX 2 as specced on the Privateer website. This is a great shock.
This is a great bike!

Privateer 141

Posted: Aug 22, 2021 at 3:16 Quote
how tall are you? i was looking at grabbing a frame but unsure, im 183cm and the medium seems too small but large seems big

Posted: Aug 22, 2021 at 3:45 Quote
noideamtber wrote:
how tall are you? i was looking at grabbing a frame but unsure, im 183cm and the medium seems too small but large seems big

I'm 181cm & riding the Large (P3) The cockpit is a perfect fit for me. It is a big (long) bike.

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2021 at 4:01 Quote
Thanks for starting the thread. I have a P3 SLX/XT full build arriving late October which can't come soon enough. I am coming from an Evil Insurgent LB, so 27.5, compact geometry and super agile, this will be a big change! I wanted to get onto 29 inch wheels and something that can actually go uphill whilst still smashing the downs. This seems to fit the bill perfectly and the best thing is it shouldn't cost me a penny after I have sold the Evil!

Great to hear you got the Float X instead of the DPX2, I am hoping the same will happen on my build and have asked the question.

Keep us posted on your impressions as it is great to hear the positive comments.

Posted: Aug 24, 2021 at 2:10 Quote
Here's mine... found two bargain shocks on ebay, resized and retuned for the 141.

Currently cant decide which is better - they both feel unreal!

photo
photo

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2021 at 3:48 Quote
What shock did you take off Simon? Was is it a DPX2 or Float X?

Can you let me know what chainstay protector you have put on?

Posted: Aug 24, 2021 at 4:42 Quote
timgee1000 wrote:
What shock did you take off Simon? Was is it a DPX2 or Float X?

Can you let me know what chainstay protector you have put on?

It was the DPX2 - didn't even ride it. The Float X2 and DHX2 are both unreal.

It is RideWrap Chainstay armor!

FL
Posted: Aug 24, 2021 at 11:23 Quote
Bikes looking good, am very interested to hear more feedback

FL
Posted: Sep 13, 2021 at 1:51 Quote
How's the cable management? Does it get piled up from turning the handle bar?

Posted: Sep 13, 2021 at 3:08 Quote
Vincentvdk wrote:

No issues with mine. I'm using AXS derailleur so 1 less cable. Cable management isn't the prettiest but perfectly functional.

FL
Posted: Sep 13, 2021 at 6:03 Quote
jaycey wrote:
Vincentvdk wrote:

No issues with mine. I'm using AXS derailleur so 1 less cable. Cable management isn't the prettiest but perfectly functional.

Sweet, I read that somewhere in a review (I believe the Pinkbike one even). Good to know, thanks for replying

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 4:58 Quote
No issues with the cables at all, the cable clamps are perfect

FL
Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 4:48 Quote
spanish-fly wrote:
No issues with the cables at all, the cable clamps are perfect

Thanks for replying. Must resist buying new bike... :-)

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016486
Mobile Version of Website