Privateer 141

| Next Page
Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 5:43 Quote
Another thing I'm really liking about the 141...It's really easy to clean! I don't have access to a hose or jetwash so it's a bucket and brush for me.

There's no tight little spots where mud collects and can't be got at. I'm happy chappy today.

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 10:43 Quote
I’m heavily considering the 141. But one of my hang ups is that I just can’t figure out sizing.

I’m 6’1” (185cm). And if I size on reach similar to my current bike (which I feel is a bit small at 475mm reach, 621mm stack), then the P3 is the closest size (485mm reach, 637mm stack). But if I size this way my ETT is way shorter.

On the flip side, if I size by ETT similar to my current bike, then the P4 is the closest. And then the reach gets pretty sizable (510mm reach, 646mm stack).

Has anyone here close to my side ridden both a P3 or P4?

Can I ask a favor of someone on a P3? Can you measure the distance between the top center of your head tube/stem top cap bolt and the center of the seat post clamp, when the saddle is set to my ride height?

My saddle height is 36.5in (~927mm) from top of pedal to top of saddle.

The problem is I can’t demo one, as I’m in the US. So I’m trying to see how “cramped” I’d be seated on a P3, or if it would be fine.

Thanks in advance Smile .

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 11:08 Quote
Speak to Privateer / they’ve a pretty solid track record in recommending sizing.

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 11:33 Quote
simonnewell wrote:
Speak to Privateer / they’ve a pretty solid track record in recommending sizing.

I emailed them earlier about it. They don’t really have anyone internally that is my size.

They ended up saying “both could probably work, just depends on what you want”.

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 13:09 Quote
i ended up buying two frames, rode both and sold the bigger one, (im 183) I like my saddle at the correct height so its up quite high, most people who feel cramped are not setting their saddle for effective pedaling.

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 13:25 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
i ended up buying two frames, rode both and sold the bigger one, (im 183) I like my saddle at the correct height so its up quite high, most people who feel cramped are not setting their saddle for effective pedaling.

Did you buy the P3 and P4 then? Why did you get ride of the larger one?

What is your inseam/saddle height?

The ETT on my current bike is 632mm, but has a super slack actual seat tube angle of 67 degrees. The seat tube on the P3 is 612mm, and P4 is 640mm, and the angle is wayyyy steeper. So I’m curious if the P3 will seem too small when seated.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006073
Mobile Version of Website