Moving to Boston, any good trails?

PB Forum :: USA - East
Moving to Boston, any good trails?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 13:05 Quote
Hello there, first time posting. A little backstory

A few months after covid, I sold my bike hoping i could get a Bronson, but all bikes were sold out in my country (I'm from Peru). I haven't ride since then so I'm a bit out of shape, and i consider myself still a beginner.

Just got accepted to study at Boston, I'm quiet excited to be there and want to make the most of it, so I was wondering if its worth buying a bike to enjoy nearby trails or maybe sometimes on the weekends.

I would appreciate any advice regarding any riding around Boston.

Thanks

Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 14:08 Quote
I think if you're going to be in an area for any amount of time then having a bike to hit the trails is a must so go get a bike. As for finding some trails: Trailforks is your friend here.
Looking at the Boston area there's a bunch of options. The first that jumps out to me is the Middlesex Fells Reservation just to the north - here's a link: https://www.trailforks.com/region/middlesex-fells-reservation/

Off to the west there's a couple spots by Weston (https://www.trailforks.com/region/weston-1555779268/) and a little north of Weston called Wright Woods (https://www.trailforks.com/region/wright-woods-44333/)
The picture shows the numerous opportunities to explore. I hope this helps.

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 12:26 Quote
If you have a car you'll have access to tons of good riding in MA. Lynn Woods, Willowdale State Park, Russel MIlls just to name a few. If you're down for a good day, Highland Bike Park in NH is a must-ride (and you can rent bikes there).

No car? Middlesex Fells is a strong start.

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 7:07 Quote
There are tons of good trails if you like techy rides. Lots of undulating terrain and rocks. South or Boston Vietnam (the mountain bike trails of Milton) is Awesome. This is my favorite trail system in Mass even though it is over an hour drive since I live north of the city. So many great trails and features there.

Russel mills is more flowey and has a great pump track.
Harold Parker has a huge amount of trails and variety.
Lynn woods is a great if you want to beat yourself up and realize you are not as good as you thought. Unrelenting tech and high skill and consequence features.
There are awesome techy trails at every exit on 128 from Beverly farms though Gloucester.

Willowdale is a great place to get XC miles and wear your trail pup out if you have one. Good for beginners too, though since the pandemic the trails are getting a little blown out and boney.
Bear Brook in NH is 1:20 north of Boston is very flowey and you an get in huge rides there.
highland is 1:30 away and day/weekend trips to Thunder mountain, green woodlands, North Conway, Killington loon and Kingdom etcra are all great destinations.

As long as you like New England’s tech and twisty nature you have a huge amount of smaller trail systems and good amounts of bigger trail systems as well.

Ps. Join NEMBA

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006219
Mobile Version of Website