Magic shine battery problems

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Magic shine battery problems
| Next Page
O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2022 at 15:38 Quote
So mine ended up being the light head! the firmware frizzed and they sent me a new one which is working fine so far.

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2022 at 5:49 Quote
Same issue here. I contacted magicshine and they acted like they've never heard of the issue.

Posted: Dec 14, 2022 at 14:44 Quote
8000S. Nearly 2 years old. Light on helmet, battery in Camelbak when riding. Never an issue until recently. Never shuts off unless I go to swing the pack off to get something. Very repeatable. Came to realize there must be some sort of protection or latching circuit in the battery. Thought maybe my Samsung Galaxy might be interfering with it in some way. Only just recently started using Google Pay with NFC enabled. Waved the phone all around the battery, nothing. Decided to use my kids 8000S one night, turned it on and went to drop the battery into the Camelbak. Damned thing shut off. Plugged it into the charger to reset it, repeated the same action, it shut off again when the battery was half way into the pack. ?!?!?!? I have tugged and pulled on all the connections with the light on and nowhere near the pack, it never shuts off. It's like my Camelbak has suddenly become the Bermuda Triangle and no, I'm not carrying any kind of super magnet or nuclear waste in there either. Only know that two completely separate battery and light head sets will do the same thing. I guess I'll just have to get used to turning off the light before trying to retrieve anything from my Camelbak. Good thing for the free Magicshine Eagle that they sent me with the 8000s. Keep it on my handlebars for backup.

Posted: Jan 17, 2023 at 18:27 Quote
Similar issues with the MOH 55pro battery showed fine before leaving the house geared up drove out to the spot met the boys and the light won’t work. Seemed to wake up only after plugging into the charger for a moment.

Bummer was a really good light for one winter.
Magicshite I guess.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018600
Mobile Version of Website