27.5 dirt jumper

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
27.5 dirt jumper
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 1, 2021 at 9:17 Quote
I'm looking at getting a custom dirt jumper made and considering going with 27.5. Just wanted to see if this has been done much and what the thoughts are on it. All my jumping experience is in downhill bike parks on big bikes, but want a DJ to work on getting real comfortable in the air and working on some basic tricks. I think it'd be cool to get to the point where i can throw 3's on small stuff. but thats about as techy as i care to get. mostly care about getting my basic tricks dialed and steeeezin.

Anyway the thought with a 27.5 is to go a little bit towards the larger frame size of a DJ, maybe run a 110 fork, being able to get more bb drop, a little more similar to my long travel 29er, and will possibly be better for the less poppy, fast, more bike park style jumps.

Could just be normal and go 26 though..

Posted: Jul 1, 2021 at 9:59 Quote
mrsa0218 wrote:
I'm looking at getting a custom dirt jumper made and considering going with 27.5. Just wanted to see if this has been done much and what the thoughts are on it. All my jumping experience is in downhill bike parks on big bikes, but want a DJ to work on getting real comfortable in the air and working on some basic tricks. I think it'd be cool to get to the point where i can throw 3's on small stuff. but thats about as techy as i care to get. mostly care about getting my basic tricks dialed and steeeezin.

Anyway the thought with a 27.5 is to go a little bit towards the larger frame size of a DJ, maybe run a 110 fork, being able to get more bb drop, a little more similar to my long travel 29er, and will possibly be better for the less poppy, fast, more bike park style jumps.

There are no 27'' off the shelf dirt jump frames that I know of. Unless you count something like an NS Surge or Dartmoor hornet as a dirt jumper. It seems to me that a 27'' wheel would ride the same to a tall person as a 26'' does wheel to someone of average height, so it's not such strange idea maybe.

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 3:14 Quote
mrsj101 wrote:

Why cycles makes a 27.5 DJ frame. I got to do a little test ride on it at sea otter and it was actually pretty fun.

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 22:06 Quote
mrsj101 wrote:

It has not been done much specifically as a "dirt jumper" but there are lots of "hardcore hardtails" in 27.5". If your goal is to learn 360s, though, I think you should stick with a compact geometry 26" DJ. Jumping straight on jumps is not a big difference at all, but rotation is where you really feel a longer frame and bigger wheels...

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005989
Mobile Version of Website