Sb165

PB Forum :: Yeti
Sb165
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2021 at 9:30 Quote
Those that have an sb165, what’re your thoughts on all its ride attributes up and down? I’ve tried to read and watch everything online but most are just paid reviews or professionals… I’m looking at getting one to add to the quiver. Currently I’ve been riding the sb130 for everything I do, but I want to shift that to my daily trail bike and go with the 165 for park days, gnarlier trails, etc. I’m located in Utah FYI.

TOA

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 2:31 Quote
It pedals up well because of the steep seat tube , it handles great, it's very plush at high speeds and deep in the travel, at low speeds it isn't the most active plush setup but pedals very well as a result. It's a very confidence inspiring bike, the geometry and capability is so on point it just feels like nothing can stop you, it always has your back...however it's not perfect, bearings don't last long at all, those that want ultimate speed will still be better off on a 29, even though it pedals well and you can attain good speeds it feels like way too much bike on mellower terrain, everything feels deadened, slow and lethargic, it really needs a lot of speed to come alive and for the suspension to work optimally and then it's like a magic carpet (I do have an 11.6 on mine though). However given it's been out a few years and the new crop of high pivot bikes coming on the scene, I personally would be more inclined to go with one of those like the new Norco, I've not tried one but there is no doubt in my mind it will feel much more buttery when pointed down hill. The sb165 is a great bike and actually quite a good all around bike, but at this stage of the product cycle I wouldn't pay full RRP for one.

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 7:07 Quote
I love my Sb 165. Buttery smooth, a lot of bike for heavy PNW riding, and also pedals uphill like a dream.

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2021 at 11:29 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
It pedals up well because of the steep seat tube , it handles great, it's very plush at high speeds and deep in the travel, at low speeds it isn't the most active plush setup but pedals very well as a result. It's a very confidence inspiring bike, the geometry and capability is so on point it just feels like nothing can stop you, it always has your back...however it's not perfect, bearings don't last long at all, those that want ultimate speed will still be better off on a 29, even though it pedals well and you can attain good speeds it feels like way too much bike on mellower terrain, everything feels deadened, slow and lethargic, it really needs a lot of speed to come alive and for the suspension to work optimally and then it's like a magic carpet (I do have an 11.6 on mine though). However given it's been out a few years and the new crop of high pivot bikes coming on the scene, I personally would be more inclined to go with one of those like the new Norco, I've not tried one but there is no doubt in my mind it will feel much more buttery when pointed down hill. The sb165 is a great bike and actually quite a good all around bike, but at this stage of the product cycle I wouldn't pay full RRP for one.

Thanks for the feedback. Have you already had to swap out bearings? What made you go with the 11.6? I’m maybe just looking to keep the dx2 and add the sls to it. I pulled the trigger on one…. And sold my 130 lunch ride and my road bike lol. With that I’m building up a 115 in the process as well so that will be my daily driver, while the 165 is the smash bike.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008248
Mobile Version of Website