Norco Optik C2 3rd ride = buy a new rim and tire

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Optik C2 3rd ride = buy a new rim and tire
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 11:17 Quote
Picked myself up a Norco Optic C2. I've been out with a full ACL tear and have not been able to ride it. Once I finally got the ok to pedal, we started off with some light loops. 1st ride I got a flat or at least the tire was flat the following day. Pumped it up spun the tire which stopped the leak. 2nd ride, found the tire flat again pre ride. added air spun the tire and leak stopped again. 3rd ride, I rubbed a rock on the side of the trail and it opened up the sidewall which then destroyed my rim. What a pisser. This bike was a buttload of $ and I'm not thrilled about replacing a rim/tire allready. I didn't even get to run the feelers off the tire. Feeling pretty disappointed with this.
Dead Horse Cry
Norco Optik 3rd ride
Norco Optik 3rd ride
Norco Optik 3rd ride

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 13:35 Quote
That type of rim damage does not occur from "Rubbing" a rock. You must have had to slam that thing. Those are good wheels by most standards. I've nuked an exo+ sidewall to shreds on my less good stans flow D wheels and not experienced that level of rim damage.

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 14:37 Quote
Rubbed a rock opened up the sidewall followed by an immediate impact of rock to rim wrecking the rim. The inch long sidewall tear let the air out pretty fast.

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 14:37 Quote
Rubbed a rock opened up the sidewall followed by an immediate impact of rock to rim wrecking the rim. The inch long sidewall tear let the air out pretty fast.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 15:27 Quote
Sounds like there was a slow leak in the tubeless which is super common in the majority of setups, would have led to too low PSI and increased likelyhood of flatting.

Definitely worth checking PSI before each ride and maybe cushcore.

Sorry it happened to you but it isn't Norco's fault at all... The shop could maybe have explained that the tire would leak and should be checked before each ride frequently and ridden a few times to seal it but it seems like a case of PEBHAS.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007300
Mobile Version of Website