Creaky Enduro 2021... anyone else?

PB Forum :: Specialized
Creaky Enduro 2021... anyone else?
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jul 9, 2021 at 17:54 Quote
I have pulled BB, all pivots as well as all inspected all bearings, cleaned and re greased. Took pedals off to see if they was the problem, took seat post as well. The creak comes when I push down hard on the pedals, in a punchy climb for instance. Any one have any ideas of how to solve this?
Thanks.

Posted: Jul 9, 2021 at 18:16 Quote
torj wrote:
I have pulled BB, all pivots as well as all inspected all bearings, cleaned and re greased. Took pedals off to see if they was the problem, took seat post as well. The creak comes when I push down hard on the pedals, in a punchy climb for instance. Any one have any ideas of how to solve this?
Thanks.

Could be pedals, cassette etc if you have a shimano derailleur check the clutch isnt dry or itll creak bad.

Posted: Jul 10, 2021 at 11:13 Quote
noideamtber wrote:
torj wrote:
I have pulled BB, all pivots as well as all inspected all bearings, cleaned and re greased. Took pedals off to see if they was the problem, took seat post as well. The creak comes when I push down hard on the pedals, in a punchy climb for instance. Any one have any ideas of how to solve this?
Thanks.

Could be pedals, cassette etc if you have a shimano derailleur check the clutch isnt dry or itll creak bad.


Thanks, I did the Pedals and the cassette, but not the derailleur. This is mind boggling.

Posted: Jul 10, 2021 at 13:53 Quote
torj wrote:

Thanks, I did the Pedals and the cassette, but not the derailleur. This is mind boggling.
Dont forget the seat rails, seat post the Driver body, where the chainring attaches to the cranks can creak.

most of the time if i can immediately locate a creak ill either put up with it for a bit until next service or ill strip it right back and rebuild it, usually I just pull the bike to bits straight away.

i havnt had anymore issues since buying frames and building myself, theres probably 500g of grease on my bike but its silent so i dont care lol

Posted: Jul 10, 2021 at 14:22 Quote
noideamtber wrote:
torj wrote:

Thanks, I did the Pedals and the cassette, but not the derailleur. This is mind boggling.
Dont forget the seat rails, seat post the Driver body, where the chainring attaches to the cranks can creak.

most of the time if i can immediately locate a creak ill either put up with it for a bit until next service or ill strip it right back and rebuild it, usually I just pull the bike to bits straight away.

i havnt had anymore issues since buying frames and building myself, theres probably 500g of grease on my bike but its silent so i dont care lol

Yeah, I have taken about 90% of the bike apart, now I will ride it for a week or two more, then just strip the entire thing down.
I might go for 1K grease by the time I am done. So you use Carbon Grease where Carbon and Carbon is close?

Posted: Jul 10, 2021 at 14:31 Quote
That sounds like my bike with 500g of grease too.

Personally I use carbon Paste wherever I have carbon touching anything alloy or carbon.

Posted: Aug 20, 2021 at 13:14 Quote
I have the same issue. Brand new frame with maybe 10 rides and it is creaking with out of saddle hard pedals. Also I don’t know if the headset design is poor or what but I can’t go 2 rides after cleaning and re-greasing my headset before it starts to creak again. I’ve used 2 different types of grease. Wondering if maybe a better headset than the stock FSA headset would help at all.

Posted: Aug 25, 2021 at 12:37 Quote
it’s your chainring. 100% sure that’s the problem. it’s chainsuck. when the teeth wear out enough on the chainring, the chain slips a little and creaks this sound mainly under load when you torque on the pedals.

I’ve watched bike shops chase their tails trying to figure this out.

just get a new chain ring.

Posted: Aug 29, 2021 at 22:37 Quote
I just purchased a 2021 Enduro S-works and am noticing the same creak while in my eagle gear. Thanks for the advice. About to replace my chainring with an oval ring to see how that works.

Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 13:18 Quote
Chased a creak around my '21 Enduro this week.

Was either (or a combination of) a loose derailleur bolt and/or the actual derailleur hanger not being secured properly.

Added some grease between the hanger assembly halves, locktite on the hanger assembly bolt and it shut it all up straight away.

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 22:10 Quote
Lots of good suggestions here.

Fought this battle too and it ended up being the rear hub (cracked rear axel, specifically… i9 hydra).

Other creaks I’ve had on the Enduro:

-Loose derailleur bolt (tighten)

-Upper headset bearing seat (just get the CK headset made for specialized… not worth fighting)

-Main pivot (grease)

-Chainring (replace chainring & chain)

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 22:13 Quote
MikeDaubert wrote:
I have the same issue. Brand new frame with maybe 10 rides and it is creaking with out of saddle hard pedals. Also I don’t know if the headset design is poor or what but I can’t go 2 rides after cleaning and re-greasing my headset before it starts to creak again. I’ve used 2 different types of grease. Wondering if maybe a better headset than the stock FSA headset would help at all.

Get the Chris King Dropset 5. Solved it for me.

Posted: Feb 15, 2022 at 7:30 Quote
I have been chasing the creak for a week on my two month old 2021 Enduro. Was about to go ballistic!!! It’s so loud and I could literally feel the creak through my pedals. Lubed every pivot, rear axle etc. I just want to share I found it. It’s the little 4mm screw right in front of the chainring. That pivot has a collet bushing in it. It popped as I loosened the screw. I sprayed lube in there and added some grease. Silence is blissful!!! Hope this helps someone.

Dan

Posted: Feb 15, 2022 at 7:45 Quote
Finally fixed my creak and frame cracking problem....tup


Previous Page | Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007044
Mobile Version of Website