Creaky Enduro 2021... anyone else?

PB Forum :: Specialized
Creaky Enduro 2021... anyone else?
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 21, 2022 at 10:46 Quote
Update:
It was the pivot under the BB.
After I took it all out, cleaned and greased it was silent. Did this a while back, but figured I would put the end results.
Thansk for all help.

Posted: Oct 25, 2022 at 16:52 Quote
Dan,

Your are a champion and you saved me 350$ bearing replacement that might not of fixed it. Two months of insanity solved.
Greatly appreciated all the best
R
dboat wrote:
I have been chasing the creak for a week on my two month old 2021 Enduro. Was about to go ballistic!!! It’s so loud and I could literally feel the creak through my pedals. Lubed every pivot, rear axle etc. I just want to share I found it. It’s the little 4mm screw right in front of the chainring. That pivot has a collet bushing in it. It popped as I loosened the screw. I sprayed lube in there and added some grease. Silence is blissful!!! Hope this helps someone.

Dan

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 2:46 Quote
Hi all, i have a 2021 S-Works enduro and under braking over roots etc i get the most annoying crack sound from the rear, its a crack not creek and i had the thing apart, cleaned and creased put back together and i still get it, if i lift the rear end and place it back down i can hear it coming from the rear linkage somewhere, sound like the sound you get from a worn bushing but everything seems to be in order, again it only happens under breaking on technical trail

Doing my head in, any ideas or has anyone else had this issue?

Cheers

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 20:13 Quote
SMMclean281 wrote:
Hi all, i have a 2021 S-Works enduro and under braking over roots etc i get the most annoying crack sound from the rear, its a crack not creek and i had the thing apart, cleaned and creased put back together and i still get it, if i lift the rear end and place it back down i can hear it coming from the rear linkage somewhere, sound like the sound you get from a worn bushing but everything seems to be in order, again it only happens under breaking on technical trail

Cheers

My only successful creak diagnostics have been achieved by swapping parts out one by one. Shock, wheel, derailleur, linkages, etc. Process of elimination. If you end up needing to replace links or stays I’ve got backups.

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 0:42 Quote
Blownoutrides wrote:
SMMclean281 wrote:

Cheers

My only successful creak diagnostics have been achieved by swapping parts out one by one. Shock, wheel, derailleur, linkages, etc. Process of elimination. If you end up needing to replace links or stays I’ve got backups.

Looks like this is the route to take, weekend in the man cave a a couple of beers and the radio it is, cheers

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019762
Mobile Version of Website