2021 Scott Genius rear shock options

PB Forum :: Scott Bikes
2021 Scott Genius rear shock options
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 10, 2021 at 21:12 Quote
So I have removed my twin loc system and also replaced my rear shock with a Rockshox Super Deluxe Select +. It fits fine just hard to get to rebound knob is all. Anyone know if the brand new just released Fox Float X might have a chance at fitting?

Posted: Aug 6, 2021 at 13:11 Quote
Just swapped out my Scott X-Fushion for a fox
https://www.jensonusa.com/Fox-Float-DPS-Performance-Trunnion-2022. Fits just fine with no issues

Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 9:17 Quote
Thanks for the reply Mstevens72, I guess I should of mentioned piggyback options out there. I frequent the bike park and hit the big stuff, 15+ foot drops and the biggest jumps the park has to offer. Think I just need to get my hands on the new Float X to see if it fits. I'll report back one day lol. Ohlins TTX air 2 will fit I think as well.

Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 5:45 Quote
Mstevens72, how has the shock performed in comparison to the xfusion?

Posted: Feb 22, 2022 at 8:55 Quote
[Quote="straitbad"]Thanks for the reply Mstevens72, I guess I should of mentioned piggyback options out there. I frequent the bike park and hit the big stuff, 15+ foot drops and the biggest jumps the park has to offer. Think I just need to get my hands on the new Float X to see if it fits. I'll report back one day lol. Ohlins TTX air 2 will fit I think as well.[/Quote

I was thinking the same thing. Did you ever find out if that Fox Float X fit the Genius? I did see that they do sale a Float X in the 185×55 trunnion mount.

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 10:41 Quote
Ordered the new 2022 Fox Float X for my 2018 Genius 920, and found it wouldn't fit. Cross that off the list. Sending it back

Posted: Mar 9, 2022 at 21:57 Quote
Dang it,!!! That float x really looked promising. Was it the blue low speed compression knob hitting the bottom tube,?

Posted: May 7, 2022 at 7:24 Quote
aemtoyo wrote:
Mstevens72, how has the shock performed in comparison to the xfusion?
sorry for the gap in the response, been a skiing winter! My son has the bike now and he likes the setup a lot. It for sure is a different shock and was work the upgrade. He hits the park and local stuff with the bike and has had no issues with the swap!

Posted: May 12, 2022 at 23:01 Quote
I've got a 2019 Scott Genius 930 with 160mm fox 36. Now got a float x 2022 factory shock. Wish i had seen this thead before I ordered but im knee deep into it now and committed. I'm going to drill a whole in the carbon frame to make it fit. I'll let you know how i go.
Tell me if you think idea is criminal?
Hope the frame keeps its strength!! :-S

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 5:14 Quote
Jomenybilly wrote:
I've got a 2019 Scott Genius 930 with 160mm fox 36. Now got a float x 2022 factory shock. Wish i had seen this thead before I ordered but im knee deep into it now and committed. I'm going to drill a whole in the carbon frame to make it fit. I'll let you know how i go.
Tell me if you think idea is criminal?
Hope the frame keeps its strength!! :-S

Where is it hitting exactly? Pic would be awesome. If it’s just the low speed compression knob that thing comes off.

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 1:42 Quote
I have noticed this, and don’t know if it’s of use as it is the ebike variant, but Vinny T is running a coils on his genius Eride, I can’t find any information on it other than it is a marazochi bomber CR, and it would appear he didn’t have it on there for long. Later post he has an air shock back on, but that might be as he soon upgraded to the ERansom

https://www.instagram.com/p/CADukXsAWHA/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007599
Mobile Version of Website