Trek Remedy 2018 - coil conversion

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Remedy 2018 - coil conversion
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 12:34 Quote
I own a Trek Remedy 2018 with a stock damper (RockShox Deluxe RT3, RE:aktiv 230 x 57,5 mm) and from the beginning
I didn't like how it worked. I saw a few photos of conversion to coil shock (Ohlings TTX22, Cane Creek DB and others), but couldn't find many reviews. Is it worth it? Are there any issues? Is there a big difference? What wories me the most is rather unique suspension design with pivot in axle.
Does any of you have experience in this topic? Perhaps you own one and have a comparison with a stock shock?

Posted: Jul 15, 2021 at 13:33 Quote
mudia wrote:
I own a Trek Remedy 2018 with a stock damper (RockShox Deluxe RT3, RE:aktiv 230 x 57,5 mm) and from the beginning
I didn't like how it worked. I saw a few photos of conversion to coil shock (Ohlings TTX22, Cane Creek DB and others), but couldn't find many reviews. Is it worth it? Are there any issues? Is there a big difference? What wories me the most is rather unique suspension design with pivot in axle.
Does any of you have experience in this topic? Perhaps you own one and have a comparison with a stock shock?

Totally worth it, no issues, big difference. I went DVO Jade X (230x60) last year on my Remedy 9.8, but was also considering a DHX2.

The suspension design isn't unique. The "active braking pivot" is mainly used to reduce pedal kickback -- it doesn't change shock progression or anything that would detract from a coil or air spring.

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 22:56 Quote
mudia wrote:

I have a 2018 9.8, and I also didn't like the Thru-Shaft reaktiv shock. IMO, the reaktiv shock is good for XC style riding but it doesn't make sense on having it on the Remedy. When you go through roots and lots of rocks, the bike is very unstable with the reaktiv shock.

Even without going with a coil, the Rockshox Super Deluxe is a nice upgrade. It's easy to tune, a much better shock than the Deluxe, and lighter than a coil.

But if you want to go with a coil, the 2021 Fox DHX2 is a good one, but will take a little extra time making sure the settings is good for you. You can use the Fox guide to get the base settings but I found Fox's settings to be a little too harsh. Also, the 2021 DHX2 doesn't feel harsh when you bottom it out. Orange and black color.

DVO Jade X is a good coil, the size is a little different (they don't make 57.5 stroke lengths) so you'll have to go with 230x60mm size which shouldn't be a problem. Easier to setup than the Fox DHX2. Green and black color.

Rockshox Super Deluxe Coil. Unlike the air shock version, this one I cannot recommend. It rattles after a few rides because the spring collar gets loose and you'll hear rattles eventually.

FL
Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 11:32 Quote
XDeltaFactor wrote:
mudia wrote:

I have a 2018 9.8, and I also didn't like the Thru-Shaft reaktiv shock. IMO, the reaktiv shock is good for XC style riding but it doesn't make sense on having it on the Remedy. When you go through roots and lots of rocks, the bike is very unstable with the reaktiv shock.

Even without going with a coil, the Rockshox Super Deluxe is a nice upgrade. It's easy to tune, a much better shock than the Deluxe, and lighter than a coil.

But if you want to go with a coil, the 2021 Fox DHX2 is a good one, but will take a little extra time making sure the settings is good for you. You can use the Fox guide to get the base settings but I found Fox's settings to be a little too harsh. Also, the 2021 DHX2 doesn't feel harsh when you bottom it out. Orange and black color.

DVO Jade X is a good coil, the size is a little different (they don't make 57.5 stroke lengths) so you'll have to go with 230x60mm size which shouldn't be a problem. Easier to setup than the Fox DHX2. Green and black color.

Rockshox Super Deluxe Coil. Unlike the air shock version, this one I cannot recommend. It rattles after a few rides because the spring collar gets loose and you'll hear rattles eventually.

I will purchase your old remedy thru shaft shocks, DM

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008920
Mobile Version of Website