how come the new fad is to buy a hardtail and make it a single speed and ride it in skate parks?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
how come the new fad is to buy a hardtail and make it a single speed and ride it in skate parks?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 19:22 Quote
i think the fad SUCKS

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 19:24 Quote
if you wanna ride in a park buy a bmx Smile there just that much better lol but thats just my opinion

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 19:54 Quote
I used to ride a BMX but as I started spending more time on my DH bike the switch to my ramp bike was just too different feeling. I sold it and got a 24" singlespeed MTB with a DJ1 fork. Still works well in the park but feels a little more familiar after being on the DH sled.

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 19:57 Quote
New fad? Have you been living under a rock for the last 3 or 4 years? It's not a new fad.

Personally after riding both BMX and MTB, I MUCH prefer a SS MTB over a BMX. But that's just me.

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 19:57 Quote
i didnt know it was a fad? i always had my bike single speeded.. coming from bmx it feels better. and who doesnt like riding in a skatepark?

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 20:02 Quote
i used to ride bmx,and found it was too awkward to hunch over considering im 6 foot2, so i switched over to a "bigger bmx" thats basically all these 26 inch single speed bikes are. not really a fad, more of a preferance.

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 20:04 Quote
That's like asking why emo kids wear skinny jeans.....its a fad....that will go away...and then come back ten times as strong....P.S. I think its a great fad

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 20:07 Quote
how is it a fad?
i bought my HT awhile ago and just recently i started to get into park and i did SS it lol but its not because others were doing it. its because i used to fr my ht and that got boring and to expensive so i decided to switch it up a bit.
PS; bmxes are toooooo small for me

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
Quote, "PS; bmxes are toooooo small for me "
Yeah, I'm 6'2" and during the 10 plus years I rode BMXs I was always trying to get my bike fit better. Turns out all I need was bigger wheels.

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 20:15 Quote
my hardtail came with a single speed but i dont ride it in the park thats where i use my amazing bmx!

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 20:16 Quote
godfrey wrote:
if you wanna ride in a park buy a bmx Smile there just that much better lol but thats just my opinion
yes indeed

word
im likke half an inch under 6foot

I can't stand riding a BMX, feels weird, so I ride a big boy bike.

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
geezir wrote:
New fad? Have you been living under a rock for the last 3 or 4 years? It's not a new fad.

yea really

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 20:23 Quote
the ONLY reason id prefer to see bmxes in skateparks rather than ht is the skateboarders around here are a-holes for the most part and as long at the bmxers dont get in there way all is good but then some kid/kids come through with there "big bikes" and snake the skateboarders lines and then anyone riding anykind of bike then tuners into the bad guy or victim, whatever you want to call it. with that said i like ht in fact i want to get one one day and no im not saying all ppl that ride big bikes are bad, some are amazing but its those few careless ones who reck it sometimes Smile

and please dont bitch at my comment anyone, thanks

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011848
Mobile Version of Website