MTB in London - Enduro or just trail?

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
MTB in London - Enduro or just trail?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 7:00 Quote
Hi!
I'm moving to London in a month and I've been wondering if I should go and buy enduro bike or just a trial bike. How hard/expensive is to go ride MTB around london? Will be there without a car, so mostly going to be using public transportation.

At the moment it seems I iwill be living near Stratford area.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Posted: Jul 15, 2021 at 11:38 Quote
Hi it's been a while since I've lived there, I know of rayleigh, essex, and Hadleigh park where the 2012 olympic mountain biking was held.
Always good free entry set off from liverpool st to Rayleigh -10 minutes ride from station

Posted: Jul 15, 2021 at 12:21 Quote
Consider a mid travel bike, between a full modern enduro and a trail bike, 150rear 160 front. Marin alpine, Norco sight etc. love my sight and got to ride a alpine XR for demo and it was super killer fun bike.
You can always put a 170mm air shaft in, for the sight it's very common to see, i have one i put into my Lyrik if i take the sight to the bike park.

Posted: Jul 15, 2021 at 14:28 Quote
The best riding close to London is in the Surrey Hills. You can get a train to Dorking and there's riding nearby. Trail or enduro bikes work there.

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 10:33 Quote
Thanks to everyone, I've been looking to Surrey Hills and it seems a great place to ride, I think I'm leaning towards a Trail bike rather than a full enduro, considering the tracks that are nearby

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005060
Mobile Version of Website