Chainstay threads stripping?

PB Forum :: Guerrilla Gravity
Chainstay threads stripping?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 7:29 Quote
Has anyone on here had experience with the threads stripping on their chainstays? I'm waiting for my Gnarvana frame and have been reading a lot of reports on Facebook and MTBR about chainstay threads stripping out at the horst link after just a few rides. Some people seem to have an easy time getting replacements while others are getting the run around from GG. Sounds like a design flaw to me.

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 8:14 Quote
Assuming you're talking about the standard aluminum rear end: Any threaded interface can be over-torqued and stripped. The bolts have the torque spec right on the head(a feature I really like) and I doubt you'd strip them if you're following that guideline. 10 nm isn't that much force.

I've had no issue with mine, but I use a torque wrench when specs are known.

I think you've read into some FUD.

If you're talking about the new carbon rear end: I've no idea, and haven't heard of it.

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 12:33 Quote
I am talking about the aluminum stays. If this is a user error or an over torquing issue then Guerilla Gravity has problems with it's assembly staff. I've been hearing multiple reports of complete bikes having their chainstays strip out after a week of ownership and normal riding, not just because someone is over torqueing the bolt then "snap" the threads are toast. Apparently the threads can't handle real world riding but I think Guerilla Gravity has adopted a new method of threading the stays to make the threads more durable.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004940
Mobile Version of Website