Michelin DH22 vs Wild Enduro Front

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Michelin DH22 vs Wild Enduro Front
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 14:58 Quote
So my assguy's side knobs are ripping apart(side knobs size: 6mm from inner base) and inner knobs are like 3-4mm. I'm slipping and I don't feel grip but might be just placebo. I don't know if I should go for the DH22 or Wild Enduro as a front tire. I wont use another assguy since they clog up rather easily and the terrain here is loamy, bit on the wetside, ALOT of roots and rocks. They performed really good on the dry, rocky dusty SoCal terrain I used to ride.

They have similar tread patterns but I don't know which one to choose? What is their difference and which has biggest knobs? and which clears mud the best? Also which one will last longer?

Climbing performance isn't an issue.

assguy full of mud

Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 15:18 Quote
I rode the Assegai/DHRll in the dry dusty stuff and loved it. I searched high and low for a set of Michelin's to try for the winter, but no luck. I tried a set of Schwalbe Magic Mary's and I absolutely loved them,. They were great in the wet! I know this doesn't really answer your questions, but if you have trouble finding Michelin's, the Mary's might be suit your needs and they are generally more available.

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 7:33 Quote
I was thinking of it but I found some dh22s so I will try them tomorrow

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 14:27 Quote
I have the DH22 on the front and its hands down the best tire ive ever ridden. Heavy and grippy as f*ck. its an absolute brute. (I did ride the assegai but on 27.5, I dont know how the 29er assegai is.)

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 2:50 Quote
I rode it in the alps this weekend and as you say, the grip is amazing. I took some weird lines, many mistakes, loam, rocks and it just went where I wanted. I just lost grip on some wet grass. Now I'll wait for a rainy day to check it out on mud. It even kept grip when it was fully inflated. Although I see some slight wear on it, but idk if it was just due to riding in a bike park or it just wears fast.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 3:49 Quote
Definitely check out the Magic Mary. Just gone over to one and it's good wet and dry, doesn't seem to clog up too much. Think the assegai will be better in the dry, but the Magic Mary is a bit more versatile I think.

I've heard the Michelin DH22s grip like shit to a stick but are heavy and roll badly, and wear quickly, as the rubber is very soft.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006178
Mobile Version of Website