Giant frame not guaranteed because of sweat!?!?

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Giant frame not guaranteed because of sweat!?!?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 10:36 Quote
Hi folks!

I have the Giant propel which geometry I love but I have the problem that is peeling because of the sweat… so Giant says that they do not guarantee that!?!? I mean… bike & sweat, kind of normal combo. Any experience there?

Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 11:23 Quote
I've seen really bad sweat corrosion on alloy road handlebars under the tape, but never on the frame. Seems really weird that you're sweat is corrosive enough to cause damage. All I can recommend is washing your bike off after each ride. Warranty usually only covers manufacturing defects

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 15:13 Quote
Venturebikes wrote:
I've seen really bad sweat corrosion on alloy road handlebars under the tape, but never on the frame. Seems really weird that you're sweat is corrosive enough to cause damage. All I can recommend is washing your bike off after each ride. Warranty usually only covers manufacturing defects

I've just been looking at a couple of highly sweat corroded handlebars on Facebook this week - some riders definitely have more corrosive sweat than others. I've had no issue with this over the years and I've got bikes in my collection that are 3 or 4 decades old. I don't think I would expect a manufacturer to cover this under warranty as its a use issue. Washing the bike regularly and replacing your bar tape regularly to monitor bar corrosion is probably the best strategy.

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 19:10 Quote
Sweat is like sea water.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004692
Mobile Version of Website