Nukeproof Neutron V2 Wheelset

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Neutron V2 Wheelset
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 17:18 Quote
So I’ve been hunting for reviews for the Nukeproof Neutron v2 hoops but can’t seem to find that many. Anyhow, I crash a lot so my main concern is durability.
I also ride a 120mm hard tail way harder than I should but that’s what you’re forced to do on a budget.
I would also love to know just how much better the Horizon wheelset is since it seems so much more popular. Thanks.

Posted: Jul 17, 2021 at 12:29 Quote
Had the horizons v1, pretty shit for the money, wtb hoops are mehh, hub tolerances were way off, misaligned hub/free hub, draggy and the pawls fell appart, cracked at the base of the twin tooth profile. Don't know about the v2, but didn't bothered again with nukeproof wheels

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 16:01 Quote
Fair enough, from what I read the v2s aren’t actually rebranded wtb hoops anymore and the hub was improved after so many complaints.
If you don’t ride the nukeproof neutrons anymore do you suggest anything else for a similar price range?

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 17:07 Quote
i have the horizon v2's on most of my bikes and cannot fault them, they sound excellent too.
I have several Neutron v2 front wheels as they are 28mm inner and at higher pressures on the dh bike will grip more than a 30.

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 17:45 Quote
DavidsTheMTBrider wrote:
Fair enough, from what I read the v2s aren’t actually rebranded wtb hoops anymore and the hub was improved after so many complaints.
If you don’t ride the nukeproof neutrons anymore do you suggest anything else for a similar price range?

Dtswis 350/ex511 hoops

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 1:07 Quote
Neutron v2s are a great wheel and nothing like the v1.

There’s also a few good reviews on CRC to back this up.

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 13:32 Quote
Well you’ve convinced me to buy the neutrons, I would love to buy the ex511s but they’re a bit out of my price range.

Soo one final question, does anyone know where to get the Neutrons? I’ve scoured the internet but can’t find a single deal so should I check if a LBS have some in stock or is there another solution?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005319
Mobile Version of Website