Anyone know of a brand that offers XXL - E-MTB?

PB Forum :: eMTB
Anyone know of a brand that offers XXL - E-MTB?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 19:23 Quote
I'm 6'5" and looking to transition to an E-MTB. I need a xxl frame and can't see to find a brand/manufactures that offers a xxl frame.

Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 20:49 Quote
YT does, and there are many favorable reviews as well. Not sure if they actually have them in stock or not....

https://us.yt-industries.com/products/bikes/421/decoy-29-core-4/preview#tech2

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 13:12 Quote
If your budget isn't too tight, you could easily go for custom geometries at brands like Nicolai or MDE. Not the cheapest, probably more expensive than YT, but could be worth a try.

As for YT and the XXL, it's not really a long bike. 490 reach in XXL, that's just slightly longer than my Orbea at 485 in XL.

The Nicolai G1 Eboxx in XXL is 555mm of reach, which seems outrageous ... but then, they've had weird geometries recently ... No idea how it rides, neither if they're available.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 14:41 Quote
Intense Tazer 279 size XL is they state covers from 6'-6'6" and the Tazer MX size L/XL they state covers from 5'50"-6'4" for whatever thats worth. Unless you are looking for dual crown Ohlins I would stick with the non MX version (the 279).

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 14:47 Quote
Specialized Turbo Levo size S6 is marketed to your height.
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/turbo-levo

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 15:10 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
If your budget isn't too tight, you could easily go for custom geometries at brands like Nicolai or MDE. Not the cheapest, probably more expensive than YT, but could be worth a try.

As for YT and the XXL, it's not really a long bike. 490 reach in XXL, that's just slightly longer than my Orbea at 485 in XL.

The Nicolai G1 Eboxx in XXL is 555mm of reach, which seems outrageous ... but then, they've had weird geometries recently ... No idea how it rides, neither if they're available.

Not sure where you got your specs, but the reach on an XXL Decoy 29 is 503mm.

How tall are you? I'm 6'6" and am on an XXL Jeffsy. It was one of a very few bikes available (2020) that had the dimensions to truly fit a tall person.

Many manufacturers state that their largest size frame will fit up to 6'6", but it is rarely true at the upper end of the height range.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 15:11 Quote
A06 wrote:
Intense Tazer 279 size XL is they state covers from 6'-6'6" and the Tazer MX size L/XL they state covers from 5'50"-6'4" for whatever thats worth. Unless you are looking for dual crown Ohlins I would stick with the non MX version (the 279).

How tall are you? Many manufacturers state that their largest frame size will fit riders up to 6'6", but it is rarely true, especially when you get close to the upper end of the height range.

Of course, bike fit is highly subjective and personal.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 16:48 Quote
Santa Cruz Bullit, Santa Cruz Heckler, Nukeproof Megawatt 297, all I could find that's not mentioned

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 23:40 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
Not sure where you got your specs, but the reach on an XXL Decoy 29 is 503mm.

How tall are you? I'm 6'6" and am on an XXL Jeffsy. It was one of a very few bikes available (2020) that had the dimensions to truly fit a tall person.

Many manufacturers state that their largest size frame will fit up to 6'6", but it is rarely true at the upper end of the height range.

The Decoy MX or whatever they call it with the 27 rear wheel is smaller than the 29 version, that's why it's shorter at 490. Why, I don't know, I would have thought they had the same front triangle, but maybe not ?

The full on 29 yes is 502mm of reach, which is reasonnable for a XXL.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 10:17 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
A06 wrote:

How tall are you? Many manufacturers state that their largest frame size will fit riders up to 6'6", but it is rarely true, especially when you get close to the upper end of the height range.

Of course, bike fit is highly subjective and personal.

5' 10" 185lb and ride the Medium Tazer 279. My XC Scott Scale is a large and my Trek Roscoe 8 is a M/L for my points of reference. The Tazer just feels big even in the Medium frame. At 5-10 I'm on the line between the large and medium but the large just felt way too big which is why I think their sizing would be pretty appropriate for you looking for a larger bike.

But to your point being vertically challenged myself I dont know for certain how close the fitment is when you get to the upper limits of frame sizing. To me the medium feels more like a large so I can speculate that their XL would feel closer to an XXL. Worth checking out if you have a LSB with one in stock.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006744
Mobile Version of Website