2021 new bike for Enduro/MTB/Bikeparks

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2021 new bike for Enduro/MTB/Bikeparks
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 9:26 Quote
Hello,

I'm new here, I've done my research but I need some semi-professional advice Smile .

I mostly ride in bikeparks, you know, the ones with jumps Big Grin .
A downhill bike would be ideal, but due to some MTB along the way, it's good to have an Enduro bike, nowadays they can perform everything on a bikepark.

I was thinking to take the Specialized 2021 Evo Comp (500 pounds more than the 2021 Comp but I don't see differences), it seems the best for few reasons:
- It's light
- The price is kind of ok, I can take finance in UK without APR for 3 years, around 100 pounds per month, the plan looks good.
- It's 29", so more stable, I'm 5.4", I think I need to take the medium frame.
- The reviews only mention positive things, overall, it seems a good bike.

Cons
- The frame is carbon unfortunately, they don't produce anymore aluminum frames... The carbon breaks easily... Unless there is a protection of another material outside.
- The 29" is slightly bigger, I will scratch it so many times forcing the load on my car... On carbon it may not be nice, so I was thinking to buy the glass protection (if I can call it in that way Big Grin ) to all the frame.
- The sit doesn't seem to go completely down, that's a big problem with jumps...

I've heard that they don't produce anymore for this year or they didn't for a long time (due to covid impact), it's a bit though to find these 2021 models, is it the same for other competitors??

Ideally, I would like to have an aluminum frame.

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 9:54 Quote
Xav90 wrote:
Hello,
Cons
- The frame is carbon unfortunately, they don't produce anymore aluminum frames... The carbon breaks easily... Unless there is a protection of another material outside.
- The 29" is slightly bigger, I will scratch it so many times forcing the load on my car... On carbon it may not be nice, so I was thinking to buy the glass protection (if I can call it in that way Big Grin ) to all the frame.
- The sit doesn't seem to go completely down, that's a big problem with jumps...

I've heard that they don't produce anymore for this year or they didn't for a long time (due to covid impact), it's a bit though to find these 2021 models, is it the same for other competitors??

Ideally, I would like to have an aluminum frame.

Basically, everything what you said in cons part is wrong Smile I have 2020 Stumpjumper Expert and it really is a bullet proof frame! Scratches in paint do nothing.

If you are after an aluminum frame, take a look at Trek Slash 8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bg1Ok6Zf1M&t=370s

Posted: Jul 31, 2021 at 17:30 Quote
I wouldn't consider the stumpy a bike park bike. It's lower travel (140?) if I remember correctly. If you're doing bike park, weight isn't too important. I'd look into something that's more around 160mm of travel.

Specialized Enduro, Transition Patrol, YT Capra, commencal clash or meta, Santa Cruz nomad to name a few.

Also at 5'4", 29" wheels might feel too big. Maybe consider a mullet or a 27.5"

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 4:11 Quote
If i were you for the money I would get a remedy. 27.5 wheels for your height and jumping is ideal. If you want 29 maybe a slash. Also have a look at commencals, a meta am or clash would be perfect as well.

What bike parks are you referring to? Where are you based?

Posted: Aug 6, 2021 at 22:43 Quote
The Clash is 27.5” & the Meta AM 29”.
At your height and running mostly parks and jumps I’d definitely look at mullets or 27.5” but that’s just my 2 cents.

The Clash is a heavy brute tho and even if people say it doesn’t matter you will have a totally different experience on a heavy clash that was built for massive jumps and running the park all days compared to a lighter and poppy all mountain bike. And don’t listen to people that say you need 180mm to run bike parks, you don’t for 99% of the parks and tracks out there. I’m on a Clash now and I ran everything I do now on a 140-150 bike before and it worked just as great.

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 10:35 Quote
Most Enduro bikes are 170/170ish travel, the Stumpy Evo is more of a trail bike. I think you will be happier looking one more category "up" than the Stumpy Evo in terms of travel and sturdiness. I am still shopping for a similar bike (but more trail oriented) and all the comments in the Stumpy Evo forums about people blowing multiple rear shocks would make me scared to run it at any bike park.

Could also consider renting or buying a used DH bike for the park days and buying something more trail oriented for everything else. That is the conclusion I eventually came to but YMMV.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005591
Mobile Version of Website